AOR Received.
01-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
As a francophone, I found TEF relatively easy, however I had time management issues, especially for the Writing part (I almost ran out of time at the end.) Unlike IELTS, we had no breaks between each part with the exception of "Speaking", which took place in the morning.

I had downloaded an app for TEF training, they have smaller versions of the tests for free (and more if you pay.) After reading reviews online, I was shaking when I got there; don't let people intimidate you, it's ok really. I don't know about beginners, but I'd say any intermediate / upper intermediate level francophone has a chance. Good luck!

@mr_j936 The app was pretty accurate, same exact type of questions, the listening parts also have different accents (french, southern french, canadian etc.) so you have to listen carefully.

mr_j936

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
As a francophone, I found TEF relatively easy, however I had time management issues, especially for the Writing part (I almost ran out of time at the end.) Unlike IELTS, we had no breaks between each part with the exception of "Speaking", which took place in the morning.

I had downloaded an app for TEF training, they have smaller versions of the tests for free (and more if you pay.) After reading reviews online, I was shaking when I got there; don't let people intimidate you, it's ok really. I don't know about beginners, but I'd say any intermediate / upper intermediate level francophone has a chance. Good luck!

@mr_j936 The app was pretty accurate, same exact type of questions, the listening parts also have different accents (french, southern french, canadian etc.) so you have to listen carefully.
Was checking my post history, wow this discussion feels like a lifetime ago. I have since discovered that French simply is not for me, and I got my ITA without the TEF. Goodluck to you all... Still it was good that I spent a few months brushing up on my french skills, might need them one day

RiSo_7

Mar 8, 2018
Hi DelPiero07,

I was going through all the conversations you all had re TEF Canada exam for immigration purpose. I am also planning to give the exam in next month. It would be a great help if you could forward me the relevant study material to start the preparation. My email id is sonalranand@gmail.com

Many thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi DelPiero07,

I was going through all the conversations you all had re TEF Canada exam for immigration purpose. I am also planning to give the exam in next month. It would be a great help if you could forward me the relevant study material to start the preparation. My email id is sonalranand@gmail.com

Many thanks!
Done.

Reactions: RiSo_7
Mar 5, 2018
Hey!

Do you'll have links to the online test papers? I can't find many?

Also, any particular website you''ll went through to prepare for TEF?

Thank you.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi @DelPiero07

Can you pls suggest whether someone at A2 level or early B1 level can try to read your books & get at least a CLB 5 in three modules of TEF & at least CLB 7 in one of the modules? & about speaking can you suggest some ways of practicing and improve very fast?

Lastly, how many hours at minimum one should invest to go above A2 level from scratch? thank you so much in advance.

Reactions: jahnavi_karthik