Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys. Thanks to everyone for clarifying so many issues and helping out. I am personally very grateful to so many users. I have one question regarding TEF and I did not find an answer for it after searching this forum.

What is CIC's policy regarding the expiration dates of language tests? If they expire after the submission, are we covered?

For example, if a one-year TEF expires on the 1st of December, is it okay to submit in on the 1st of November? Or do we have to retake it in advance? What is the time gap close to expiration date which is still acceptable by CIC?

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
Dedicated said:
Hello guys. Thanks to everyone for clarifying so many issues and helping out. I am personally very grateful to so many users. I have one question regarding TEF and I did not find an answer for it after searching this forum.

What is CIC's policy regarding the expiration dates of language tests? If they expire after the submission, are we covered?

For example, if a one-year TEF expires on the 1st of December, is it okay to submit in on the 1st of November? Or do we have to retake it in advance? What is the time gap close to expiration date which is still acceptable by CIC?
After submission we are covered .

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dan_and said:
Firstly, what are you talking about when you say "submission"?
Submission of all of the documents to CIC after receiving an ITA.

dan_and said:
But the profile will become ineligible as soon as your language test results expire. So you should retake the test in advance to avoid that situation.
Even if it is your second language? I believe in that case you will simply lose points, right?

dan_and said:
Lastly, all language tests are valid for two years, not one. The TEF is no exception.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
I know that IELTS is valid for two years. But are you sure about TEF?
It is written "Note: Your test results must be valid (less than two years old) when you complete your Express Entry profile, and when you apply for permanent residence." with no specification about which test they are talking about.

And I believe reading somewhere that even if the test is valid for 2 years (like in case with IELTS), CIC will still require it to be no older than a year. Am I wrong?

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dan_and said:
If it is your second language, then your profile will only become ineligible if your FSW score drops below the threshold of 67 points as a result of that (provided you don't also qualify for CEC). Otherwise, it will remain eligible, but your CRS points will reduce accordingly.
My score is 70 without TEF. So I think I am covered.

dan_and said:
Yes, you are wrong about the test validity. The quote above refers to any language test, and the test validity for CIC immigration purposes is 2 years. They don't mention a specific test because the rule is valid for all tests. See also:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#47
Thank you very much! It is such a huge relief. I was already considering retaking TEF.

The reason why I am asking this question is because my TEF will be one year old in the beginning of December.
I got no ITA at the moment but my CRS score is 471. So there is still a chance to get an ITA at the end of the year in case the scores go down.
Thanks again! You made my day.