+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF Canada knock off marks for the wrong answers?

erikyle

Feb 21, 2021
I heard people say TEF Canada will reduce the marks for the wrong answers. However I found the marking scheme from the official website that each mauvaise répoonse will have 0 mark, which means there is no reduce marks for wrong answers. But this scheme explained the TEF instead of TEF Canada. I am wondering if someone took the exam recently and had experience in this issue? Thanks.
The official website: https://www.lefrancaisdesaffaires.fr/en/tests-diplomas/test-for-evaluating-french-tef/in-practice/

Reactions: Saï Ram 15

Saï Ram 15

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
I heard people say TEF Canada will reduce the marks for the wrong answers. However I found the marking scheme from the official website that each mauvaise répoonse will have 0 mark, which means there is no reduce marks for wrong answers. But this scheme explained the TEF instead of TEF Canada. I am wondering if someone took the exam recently and had experience in this issue? Thanks.
The official website: https://www.lefrancaisdesaffaires.fr/en/tests-diplomas/test-for-evaluating-french-tef/in-practice/
Don't get confused

Back in the day it was like that. Now it's all changed, they will give you 0 for mauvais réponse ou pas de réponse d'accord même si tu regardes dans les livres de préparation, c'est mentionné qu'il y a les points négatifs mais ça n'est plus le cas

Bon courage

erikyle

Feb 21, 2021
Don't get confused

Back in the day it was like that. Now it's all changed, they will give you 0 for mauvais réponse ou pas de réponse d'accord même si tu regardes dans les livres de préparation, c'est mentionné qu'il y a les points négatifs mais ça n'est plus le cas

Bon courage
C'est très bon! Je suis très stressé parce que j'ai acheté un logiciel d'examen. Pour une mauvais réponse il y a -1. Si TEF Canada n'a pas les points négatifs j'ai B2. Avec les points négatifs j'ai B1. C'est un soulagement pour moi! Merci beaucoup.

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Is this the link for booking a tef test in Toronto for a pr application
And is Tcf also another test for the same

erikyle

Feb 21, 2021
Is this the link for booking a tef test in Toronto for a pr application
And is Tcf also another test for the same
I am not sure about Toronto. I am in Montréal so I registered for the exams directly in the test center (McGill or ALC etc.). I think in Toronto Alliance français will hold TEF. TCF Canada is harder for me cause I prepared for TEFAQ for a while for PEQ but now I got an offer in ON so I am taking TEF Canada.

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
I am not sure about Toronto. I am in Montréal so I registered for the exams directly in the test center (McGill or ALC etc.). I think in Toronto Alliance français will hold TEF. TCF Canada is harder for me cause I prepared for TEFAQ for a while for PEQ but now I got an offer in ON so I am taking TEF Canada.
Thanks. Are both TEF and TCF tests valid for immigration like we have IELTS and CELPIP for the English test

erikyle

Feb 21, 2021
Thanks. Are both TEF and TCF tests valid for immigration like we have IELTS and CELPIP for the English test
Yes. For immigration reasons, you'll need to take the Canadian version. Both TEF Canada and TCF Canada are valid.