+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEER System

Silvermoon0

Feb 4, 2022
Hello everyone! Thank you for sharing your valuable knowledge with others.

I have a question. I am working as an administrative assistant/scheduler and I will gain the one year of Canadian experience until September 2022 (1560 hours). Since the current system is based on the NOC system and administrative assistant is considered as NOC B, can I apply for PR through the Canadian Experience Class after September 2022? I have heard that some jobs like administrative assistants would be considered as TEER 3 and no longer eligible for the Express Entry Programs after the TEER system is implemented. But in my case, I am gaining this experience when the NOC system is running. Do you know if there would be a grandfather clause for us?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone! Thank you for sharing your valuable knowledge with others.

I have a question. I am working as an administrative assistant/scheduler and I will gain the one year of Canadian experience until September 2022 (1560 hours). Since the current system is based on the NOC system and administrative assistant is considered as NOC B, can I apply for PR through the Canadian Experience Class after September 2022? I have heard that some jobs like administrative assistants would be considered as TEER 3 and no longer eligible for the Express Entry Programs after the TEER system is implemented. But in my case, I am gaining this experience when the NOC system is running. Do you know if there would be a grandfather clause for us?
We don't know. Rules haven't been announced yet.

The most advice any of us can give you at this time is to try to stay away from jobs that might end up being TEER 3.

Silvermoon0

Feb 4, 2022
Yes, unfortunately. Thank you for your reply. It means we should again find another job in another NOC and work for another 1560 hours. It is not possible for many people with limited work permit and I hope they take it into account. When the system is based on NOC, we count on it and we find a job in NOC 0, A, or B to gain Canadian Experience. It is not fair if they suddenly change the rules and ignore people's work experience in these NOC codes. I hope there would be a grandfather clause.

Prabh9257

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Yes, unfortunately. Thank you for your reply. It means we should again find another job in another NOC and work for another 1560 hours. It is not possible for many people with limited work permit and I hope they take it into account. When the system is based on NOC, we count on it and we find a job in NOC 0, A, or B to gain Canadian Experience. It is not fair if they suddenly change the rules and ignore people's work experience in these NOC codes. I hope there would be a grandfather clause.
I feel your pain but unfortunately PR is a privilege and not a right.

Silvermoon0

Feb 4, 2022
Yes, you're right. I mean since the NOC system is running and more information has not been released, I believe the work experience should be considered as NOC B.