+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Technical Problem on online Permanent Entry application form

mexzie101

Apr 4, 2015
Is anyone experiencing any difficulties filling the online PR form? I got an ITA last week and started applying for PR online. I got to the section for Personal Activity and I have been stuck there ever since. Every time i fill in that section, I get an error message saying the tab for "Please describe what this person was doing" needs to have less than 50 characters, I typed in "studying" which only has 8 characters and still get the same error message. I have tried to contact CIC but have still not gotten a reply. I would appreciate any help on this.
Thanks

Apr 6, 2015
Have you figured it out? I have the exact same problem and I'm still stuck. I've tried IE and Chrome on different computers too, but no luck. Any suggestion would be appreciated! Thanks!

alfredo_245

Feb 8, 2015
I had problems under this section but not sure if it was the same problem. Make sure that you leave no gaps in time. If I am not wrong, it asks for the last 10 years or since you were 18. I am 25 and I was stuck here for a while until I noticed that I was not filling the 10 year/since I was 18 requirement. What I needed to do was to include the gap between my birthday (18) and when I came to Canada (19). Make sure this is correct.

If you still get errors from characters, I am sorry. You'll have to call CIC.

mexzie101

Apr 4, 2015
I still have not solved the problem I have also tried IE, Chrome no luck. I have contacted CIC but it's taking them forever to respond to my email.@alfredo_245 the Personal Activity section pulls your activities from your profile into it and then you need to fill in the gaps to make up for 10 years. I am trying to fill in my activity from 2011 to 2012 and that's where I have been stuck ever since with the error message.

mexzie101

Apr 4, 2015
The CIC website says to report any technical problems before we submit our online application by clicking on the "share with CIC" tab at the top left corner of the My CIC page. The problem is that I cannot find the tab. Got any luck so far? @catherinexinma

mexzie101

Apr 4, 2015
If you are encountering problems before you submit your application (while you are preparing your online application and uploading your documents):

Send the above information by selecting the “Share with CIC” link available at the top left-hand corner of your MyCIC account page.

Problem is I can't find the so called link in my CIC account page. Can anyone find the link on their MYCIC account page?

king5

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
java script make sure enable.and delete all histories from internet explorer or chrome,which one u r using,and restart ur computer.
its works for me when i was struggle to pay my application fee.I hope it might works for u guys also.

nick_van

Apr 30, 2015
I had the same issue and deleting everything solved that specific issue. However do you guys see a table in the travel history section that just follow the personal activities? Because I don't see any even after selecting yes... It is odd since they ask for details and mention "save and add".

Anybody with the same issue? Help will be appreciated

mexzie101

Apr 4, 2015
Hello Nick, I had the same problem as well but when I sorted out the previous problem, the table appeared. I guess if you keep trying you would be able to input your travel history. It's a very weird system and I hope you can get it to work.

nick_van

Apr 30, 2015
Hi mexzie101,
I just retried again twice and on the 2nd try it worked!! :D After 10 days blocked on this it finally is working. Thanks a lot dan_and and mexzie101 ! :)