+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Technical issue with online application...HELP!

SPouli

Nov 18, 2018
Hi,

The express entry profile for my husband (primary applicant) and me (spouse) was picked this month, we received the ITA and started filling the online application form. After one point, the online form for my husband's TRAVEL history section has stopped working. It doesn't allow us to do anything. We cannot add, modify, save, or exit by clicking any of the buttons. Even the 'Next' button is not working. The rest of the form works with no problem.

We asked for help by sending a message through the "report an issue" menu. But IRCC's response was irrelevant and didn't help. They gave us a cookie-cutter instruction about gap periods for employment. We sent another message saying that the problem is the website, and that the buttons are not responding to clicks. However, their response again was very general and instructed us to look at their Help Centre page.

We have tried different web browsers, computers, locations, after clearing the browsers' cookies and cache and history. But still the travel section doesn't respond to clicks.

We have put every necessary information except for one trip in the travel section. All the sections now say "complete" with a green check mark, so it cannot be because of "gap periods" or "missing information". We cannot even 'save and exit' the page once we open the personal history section.

Now that we cannot expect any helpful support from IRCC, we don't know what to do. If you could help us out in this situation, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,

db_007

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi,

The express entry profile for my husband (primary applicant) and me (spouse) was picked this month, we received the ITA and started filling the online application form. After one point, the online form for my husband's TRAVEL history section has stopped working. It doesn't allow us to do anything. We cannot add, modify, save, or exit by clicking any of the buttons. Even the 'Next' button is not working. The rest of the form works with no problem.

We asked for help by sending a message through the "report an issue" menu. But IRCC's response was irrelevant and didn't help. They gave us a cookie-cutter instruction about gap periods for employment. We sent another message saying that the problem is the website, and that the buttons are not responding to clicks. However, their response again was very general and instructed us to look at their Help Centre page.

We have tried different web browsers, computers, locations, after clearing the browsers' cookies and cache and history. But still the travel section doesn't respond to clicks.

We have put every necessary information except for one trip in the travel section. All the sections now say "complete" with a green check mark, so it cannot be because of "gap periods" or "missing information". We cannot even 'save and exit' the page once we open the personal history section.

Now that we cannot expect any helpful support from IRCC, we don't know what to do. If you could help us out in this situation, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,
What did you do to get your technical issue sorted? I'm having problems with uploading where there's no option to upload (and I need one! And, against a deadline) but Tech people aren't replying, and only getting small responses from tweeting them....so painful as our files are ready to go! I'm in the UK so as far as I know there's no phone number..