15-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-03-2015
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone has had their case sent to review by a Team Leader at Vegreville and do you have a timeline for when they look at it to a decision being made?

I applied for PGWP on Oct. 27th. I got a letter in December dated December 5th that my application was denied because I didn't pay. I contacted the Call Center showing I had (had my receipt number issued by them etc.). The call Centre identified the mistake and sent an email on Dec. 18th to the Case Centre in Vegreville. On Jan. 3rd there was a note put on my file that "it is being renewed by a Team Leader". So I am just wondering if anyone ever had a similar situation. It is just very frustrating as my contract for work and my last visa ended Nov. 30th and obviously I cannot get a new job as I do not have a valid work permit (so it is not like my contract was still on and I could have had implied status). No one is able to hire me or even want to go through an interview process since I am very much in limbo. It is now going well into the 2nd month of noth being able to work and I am very frustrated because this was an error on their part and for such a visa that usually takes one month. I usually call the Call Centre everyday hoping to hear the magic words. At this point I just want a decision, either way, so I can know if I can stay and work or leave the country and go somewhere else. Not the best start to 2013. Am trying to stay positive.

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
YAY!! Heard your PGWP has been approved!
So happy for you! I have been following your case! Can't believe it took another whole month for them to figure things out and it wasn't even your fault!
As far as I remember, you emailed CIC and sent it your receipt by mail as well. Are there anything other thing you did? Did you just keep on calling them to follow up your case?
I assume you apply online? It is not a bad timeline, honestly. Less than two months!
I wish i could have applied online :(

lwoodi

Jan 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
21-01-2014
Nomination.....
14-03-2014
Med's Request
22-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-03-2015
Hiya! Yes, I am very happy. I know, I guess because it was December and loads of ppl were on vacation why it took so long for it to be reviewed but still it was frustrating. I'm waiting for it in the post all now. And I've got some second interviews lined up for jobs so I am hoping to start working by February!

I called the Call Centre everyday and I got varying levels of help each time. Sometimes I didn't even get through. One agent gave me her name and told me if nothing happened by Jan. 18th to call, give her name and request an URGENT review of my file since that would be a month since the Call Centre sent the email to the Case Processing Centre to review the mistake they made. When I called I kept making the point that I was unemployed, couldn't work, and it was an error on their part.

I did apply online, and overall I guess 2 months isn't bad...but it usually is 1 month. Although I know it took 3 months for one girl.

So in addition to calling the Call Centre, I did send a hard copy letter outlining my case, and inserting the receipt and their letter to me to the Case Centre in Vegreville directly.

So that's my update. I hope to move to Nova Scotia, get a job there and then in 3 months apply for the PNP and then PR. We will see. I am so glad I discovered this website.

Why couldn't you apply online?

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
I wasn't able to use the online system since Dec23rd. As my new job started on Jan 7th, I had my application submitted through paper so at least I can work off my ocwp.
The time of PGWP seems rather ambiguous....
Fingers crossed for me...