+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Teaching jobs for Indians

nithyamc

Aug 7, 2018
Hi all!
I'm so excited to know about this forum because I didn't get any information about job opportunities for teachers in Canada from the other sources.

I'm Nithya and I've completed M.A.,M.Ed in English and have a strong desire to find a teaching job in Canada and to explore the education system in Canada.

I believe it's quiet challenging to find a teaching job being a non native speaker of English. So could you all please share the knowledge you have regarding finding teaching jobs in Canada.

Thankyou so much in advance. My email id is nithymc@gmail.come

With best wishes,
Nithya.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all!
I'm so excited to know about this forum because I didn't get any information about job opportunities for teachers in Canada from the other sources.

I'm Nithya and I've completed M.A.,M.Ed in English and have a strong desire to find a teaching job in Canada and to explore the education system in Canada.

I believe it's quiet challenging to find a teaching job being a non native speaker of English. So could you all please share the knowledge you have regarding finding teaching jobs in Canada.

Thankyou so much in advance. My email id is nithymc@gmail.come

With best wishes,
Nithya.
Canada has far more teacher than teaching jobs available. For this reason you should assume it will be impossible to find a teach job in Canada as a foreign worker. If you want to try to become a teacher in Canada, you should focus on applying for permanent residency first.

I would also recommend that you research what it takes to teach in Canada. If you are interested in teaching at the primary or secondary school level, your current credentials aren't enough. You will have to go through a certification process once you are in Canada in order to be able to teach.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually BC is now in need of teachers because of the reduction in class sizes again. You can do a1 year program to teach in BC. Don't know if you would get hired without a PR and they will be looking for specific subjects or grades. Otherwise you will need a 2 year teacher's college masters degree to teach in most of the other provinces. Getting into these programs is very competitive and in some areas you have to do many years of supply teaching before being offered a position.

nithyamc

Aug 7, 2018
Canada has far more teacher than teaching jobs available. For this reason you should assume it will be impossible to find a teach job in Canada as a foreign worker. If you want to try to become a teacher in Canada, you should focus on applying for permanent residency first.

I would also recommend that you research what it takes to teach in Canada. If you are interested in teaching at the primary or secondary school level, your current credentials aren't enough. You will have to go through a certification process once you are in Canada in order to be able to teach.

nithyamc

Aug 7, 2018
Hi !

Thank you so much for your reply. I've started my PR process and I'm sure that getting a teaching job in Canada is a challenge and I have to get certification as it is a regulated job. Thank you for mentioning about the availability in BC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would encourage you to start doing more research. Looking at where jobs may be posted. What subjects are in demand. French language teachers are the major shortage. Likely STEM subjects as well. Getting into teaching programs are very competitive. If you are considering retraining you should be looking at what would be required. Every province should have a teachers regulatory body. Don't want to minimize that this is a challenging proposition. BC was reacting to a change policy as well as an affordability of living issue for teachers. The demand may not be longterm.