+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEACHING JOB PROSPECTS IN CANADA

Pella4411

Aug 3, 2019
Hello friends, happy independence and a favorable new month ahead. I'll be a permanent resident in a couple of weeks. My question goes thus;

My first degree is chemistry education (Bsc ed). I taught for a couple of months before securing a job in broadcasting. Then i had an MBA and the education degree has been relegated to the background since then.

However, a friend told me teaching jobs are quite lucrative in canada and its a plus for me, seeing i do have qualification in Education. I'd like to confirm how true that is from peeps that have already landed, and if that's the case, are there any documents/certifications/memberships that would be advisable i secure here in my home country before crossing to canada

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello friends, happy independence and a favorable new month ahead. I'll be a permanent resident in a couple of weeks. My question goes thus;

My first degree is chemistry education (Bsc ed). I taught for a couple of months before securing a job in broadcasting. Then i had an MBA and the education degree has been relegated to the background since then.

However, a friend told me teaching jobs are quite lucrative in canada and its a plus for me, seeing i do have qualification in Education. I'd like to confirm how true that is from peeps that have already landed, and if that's the case, are there any documents/certifications/memberships that would be advisable i secure here in my home country before crossing to canada
Unfortunately, unless you are teaching a niche subject, for which there is a shortage of teachers, getting a teaching position may be very difficult. Canada has had an excess of qualified teachers and in some provinces, existing teachers are being laid off (ex. Ontario).
There are positions available in far distant locations which pay well but you will need to commit to a fixed term contract and be prepared for some isolation.

I suggest https://www.google.ca/m?q=teachers+needed+in+canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

You'll need to be certified to teach in Canada before you can apply for teaching positions. That's the first step before you can even look for a job. Rules vary from province to province. Recommend you google the province where you plan to settle to determine what it will take to have your credentials recognized there and be allowed to teach.

As said above, generally speaking, Canada has too many teacher and not enough open roles right now. So permanent jobs can be quite hard to come by - expect lots of competition.

In terms of pay - salaries are OK and have good pensions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Teaching in many provinces would also require going back to school in many provinces. Teaching degrees are masters degrees in Canada.