+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Teaching in Canada

nmaire

Apr 24, 2014
Hi, I hope someone can help me out as I have been getting various answers from various sources. It outlines on the IEC two year work permit that you can work with children, medical profession etc but you may need a medical. My partners Visa specifies on his actual visa that he cannot work with children while mine does not. I did not get my medical done at the time as despite the fact that I am a teacher I did not want to work in teaching while here.

I have now changed my mind and I want to start applying for teaching jobs. I have had my medical completed and I am now completing my paperwork. I started working as an Education Aide recently as I had assumed this was ok as I am not in a supervisory role nor am I ever alone with a child. Some sources have told me this is perfectly fine while someone mentioned today that this might be outside the conditions of my current visa.

Any suggestions on what I should do? The paper work for the change to my Visa asks my current employment position. I am obviously going to tell the truth but should I be fearful that they willl retract my Visa.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, what is IEC?

Anyways, to get a teacher job you will have to get LMO, IMHO. And it is impossible for some reasons. The first one- it is a unionized occupation and even recent Canadian graduates start with on call and substitute teacher jobs , second- you HAVE to have Canadian Teacher Certificate, and third -to get LMO is impossible because there is no luck of teachers in Canada.

Peter Rabbit

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
There are more opportunities for teachers who specialize in teaching French. Toronto seems to be in need of such teachers. "Apply to Education" is the place to look for such jobs.
However, you need to belong to our College : )
Best of luck : )

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Regina said:
Sorry, what is IEC?

Anyways, to get a teacher job you will have to get LMO, IMHO.
An IEC is an International Experience Canada visa, otherwise known as a working holiday visa. They're fairly common. It's an open work permit so no LMO required.