+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TCS reference letter

nachi_812

Jan 7, 2021
Category........
CEC
Hi,
Can you please explain the steps you have followed to obtain the skilled experience letter from TCS.
I am too an ex TCS employee, this is what I had received from the HR. I have the template but unable to attach it here

Dear Mr.xyz,

1. Skill Certificate is issued only once, based on approvals received and without prejudice.
If Any changes are to be Incorporated/Added/Edited,
Kindly update the skill template & get a fresh Approval from your Lead.
Pfa:-

2. The attached template is an authorized standard TCS format, which works well for various purposes. TCS does not authorize any alternate format to be provided for this purpose.
3. Once the final skill Certificate is issued there will no further changes/modifications. Hence, request you to please review and provide the details Accurately/Comprehensively; prior to procuring your supervisors approval.
4. The content in the Skill letter would be generated strictly as per TCS standard format.
5. Information like Roles, Project names, Client names, Country/Location name, various designations, Salary details, Number of years, Deputation Period (If any mentioned) will be excluded from the Final Skill Certificate; even if you have received the Approval from your supervisor’s.

However, if you wish to comply, we could issue you the skill letter as per the received approval from your Lead.
Kindly advice on the same, to take the necessary actions.

nachi_812

Jan 7, 2021
Category........
CEC
I am too an ex TCS employee, this is what I had received from the HR. I have the template but unable to attach it here

Dear Mr.xyz,

1. Skill Certificate is issued only once, based on approvals received and without prejudice.
If Any changes are to be Incorporated/Added/Edited,
Kindly update the skill template & get a fresh Approval from your Lead.
Pfa:-

2. The attached template is an authorized standard TCS format, which works well for various purposes. TCS does not authorize any alternate format to be provided for this purpose.
3. Once the final skill Certificate is issued there will no further changes/modifications. Hence, request you to please review and provide the details Accurately/Comprehensively; prior to procuring your supervisors approval.
4. The content in the Skill letter would be generated strictly as per TCS standard format.
5. Information like Roles, Project names, Client names, Country/Location name, various designations, Salary details, Number of years, Deputation Period (If any mentioned) will be excluded from the Final Skill Certificate; even if you have received the Approval from your supervisor’s.

However, if you wish to comply, we could issue you the skill letter as per the received approval from your Lead.
Kindly advice on the same, to take the necessary actions.
You need to take an approval from your lead/manager who you worked with before leaving TCS on the roles and responsibilities and add the desired team on that email who will then send you the template within a week max.

nachi_812

Jan 7, 2021
Category........
CEC
Copying the template below:
TCS/SC/
Feb 01, 2017

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr/Ms (Employee Name) was employedfull time with Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCSL) from ( Date of joining ) to (Date of release )

While leaving our organization, he/ she was designated as an (Designation).

During his/her employment with Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, he/she was responsible for the following :- (maximum 5 points)

He/She utilized skills including :- ( maximum 2 points )

Please note: Skills and responsibilities specified are as declared by the employee and approved by the last supervisor. This information is to the best of our knowledge and without prejudice.

We wish him/her all the best for his/her future endeavors.

For TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES LIMITED,

nachi_812

Jan 7, 2021
Category........
CEC
Can anyone please tell me the process of asking reference letter. Should we connect with TCS location HR or project specific HR ? I am currently working in TCS.
What I have heard from others is it’s difficult to get this letter from TCS if you are still working with them. But depends on case to case. You can try your luck.

dee30

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Get TCS employment letter and support it with roles and responsibilities listed letter from your PM

Komalsalwan

Sep 2, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Skill letter is issued by TCS once we quit the company. TCS would send a template (You can google TCS skill letter and see a sample image) and ask us to fill 5 responsibilities and 2 skill sets. We'd need to get it approved by our supervisor, and then the letter will be issued.

That being said, I don't think TCS will provide such a letter during our employment with the company; at least not from India.
Which supervisor it would be? The one with whom you worked last?

DipaliR

Jul 27, 2021
Hi All, I am a front-end (reactjs) developer and an ex tcser. I am applying for skill letter but I have to mention only 2 skills as er their format. could anyone please suggest and help me what should I mention as my skills here?

nbhate12

Oct 31, 2021
ooh yeah. buddy.. I am ex tcs employee... 7 years back...I used combination of skill letter + relieving letter +paystub +8 salary slips. Worked out for me.
Hey Sid, did you get letter from TCS with multiple roles or only the role which you were doing when you left the organization ? Thanks for your help..