+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TCS reference letter

S0324

Jul 25, 2018
India
Hello,
My designation in skill cert provided by TCS is Systems Engineer (as TCS only provides Ultimatix designation). I worked in Datawarehouse, and I claim my job title to be a Datawarehouse analyst, and my job duties align with the NOC 2172. In my case, I see the designation title (just the title) 'systems engineer' matches with the job title of another NOC. Can seniors help me how have you explained this designation vs job title to CIC?

Aside, I quit the company about 6 months ago, and unfortunately, I do not have any copies of my performance reviews, compensation letters. I have raised a ticket in the helpdesk, but there is no response yet. Has anybody here requested for such letter with luck from TCS?

Then, the skill certificate letter from TCS does not have any point of contact or details of the HR who issued this letter. So, should I need to include any reference to my supervisor in a separate letter for the purpose of verification?

Thanks

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Hello,
My designation in skill cert provided by TCS is Systems Engineer (as TCS only provides Ultimatix designation). I worked in Datawarehouse, and I claim my job title to be a Datawarehouse analyst, and my job duties align with the NOC 2172. In my case, I see the designation title (just the title) 'systems engineer' matches with the job title of another NOC. Can seniors help me how have you explained this designation vs job title to CIC?

Aside, I quit the company about 6 months ago, and unfortunately, I do not have any copies of my performance reviews, compensation letters. I have raised a ticket in the helpdesk, but there is no response yet. Has anybody here requested for such letter with luck from TCS?

Then, the skill certificate letter from TCS does not have any point of contact or details of the HR who issued this letter. So, should I need to include any reference to my supervisor in a separate letter for the purpose of verification?

Thanks
ooh yeah. buddy.. I am ex tcs employee... 7 years back...I used combination of skill letter + relieving letter +paystub +8 salary slips. Worked out for me.

NavKaur02

Apr 5, 2018
ooh yeah. buddy.. I am ex tcs employee... 7 years back...I used combination of skill letter + relieving letter +paystub +8 salary slips. Worked out for me.
What is the skill letter?

I am in TCS and my HR denied work reference letter and I am serving notice i don't know how to obtain work reference letter from TCS now.

Please help.

Thanks
Navdeep

S0324

Jul 25, 2018
India
Skill letter is issued by TCS once we quit the company. TCS would send a template (You can google TCS skill letter and see a sample image) and ask us to fill 5 responsibilities and 2 skill sets. We'd need to get it approved by our supervisor, and then the letter will be issued.

That being said, I don't think TCS will provide such a letter during our employment with the company; at least not from India.

Reactions: NavKaur02

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
U were are traineee highly doubt

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi,
Can you please explain the steps you have followed to obtain the skilled experience letter from TCS.

Skill letter is issued by TCS once we quit the company. TCS would send a template (You can google TCS skill letter and see a sample image) and ask us to fill 5 responsibilities and 2 skill sets. We'd need to get it approved by our supervisor, and then the letter will be issued.

That being said, I don't think TCS will provide such a letter during our employment with the company; at least not from India.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Tc
tcs never does ... if u r employed... only they do for ex employee... and for tgat now u need to raise a ticket in alumini portal

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I am sure that TCS dont provide Reference letters to current employer. In this case please let me know the alternate documents that we can submit being on ICT work permit.

rekharastogi

May 24, 2018
Hello Sir ,

I need your help ,could you please give me sample format for NOC 2172 .
BR
Rekha Rastogi

Hello,

Thanks

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
The pain of reference letters!
I would like everyone to understand how the Job Duties letter work.

CIC wants to be sure you are skilled in the profession you state you did.
If you can get a letter from HR/Manager on company letterhead, then nothing like it.

But what about people who don't. Me: I spent countless days and nights thinking of this..

I mailed the HR head of Asia of my company requesting it. He forwarded to local HR, who forwarded to my manager. My manager refused, told me to F.Off..

Now I had an email proof, of not just a denial but also of my effort to get the letter.

I sent FB request for the same letter to all the employees (at any level) of my company who were not part of the company anymore (so that they dont reach back to my manager, and he convinces them not to help me).

Finally, I guy from US agreed.. I sent template with all job duties, he changed all the lines to make it very generic.
Like I said I wrote programs in Java.. he changed to I made application for business.
He provided his current business card copy also..

I sent these docs plus my last 3 paystubs and experience letter.

I was sure my duties didnt match Noc 2174.. but thats not how CIC work...

below I found from GCMS notes:

they sent those duties to another department of theirs, who found duties to somewhat match to 2174 and were acceptable.
cic agent searched for the said employee on Linkedin. they got a match.. and that was it.....

So my suggestion:
get proof that HR doesn't give this letter.
get a letter on plain paper (no notary needed).. send a LOE explaining this all.
and ALSO TRY SEND THE LINKEDIN Profile of that employee in the LOE...

This should work.. dont try for 100% match to NOC code... a few lines are enough

Kmanu973

Mar 28, 2019
Can anyone please tell me the process of asking reference letter. Should we connect with TCS location HR or project specific HR ? I am currently working in TCS.

Kmanu973

Mar 28, 2019
Can anyone please tell me the process of asking reference letter. Should we connect with TCS location HR or project specific HR ? I am currently working in TCS.