+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TCF Canada

izumi77

Aug 10, 2023
Hello everybody! I'm stuck at the following step: I'm asked to fill in my Language test result form or certificate number. When I do so, the system shows me an error message:

Error Description: Problematic field:Language test result form or certificate number (see help button for Language test taken) (required): Number of characters must be less or equal to 30.

Considering that I passed the TCF Canada and that my certificate number consists of 32 characters connected by a hyphen, can someone enlighten me on this point?

Thanks.

runal17

Mar 4, 2023
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I wish somebody told me this. Still , here's the answer. You just need to add the last 7 digit of your certificate number ( your candidate code on your admit card basically) . It is clearly written in help section of Language test taken field.

Ekete

Sep 2, 2023
Thank you. Just someone said its the last section in the attestation number, the alphanumeric

I wish somebody told me this. Still , here's the answer. You just need to add the last 7 digit of your certificate number ( your candidate code on your admit card basically) . It is clearly written in help section of Language test taken field.

Reactions: ~Emilie~

runal17

Mar 4, 2023
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thank you. Just someone said its the last section in the attestation number, the alphanumeric
Yeah , that's right. And don't forget to attach your TCF certificate in the education section when you upload your documents ( just as a backup ). Everybody mentions about attaching IELTS , but people don't pay attention to French ones.

Ekete

Sep 2, 2023
I am confused now. Please explain to me like 5yr old kid. Lets say this is my attestation number AD4267265ECF; and this 1234567 my candidate code. Am I adding it together to get certificate number? Please indulge me.

Yeah , that's right. And don't forget to attach your TCF certificate in the education section when you upload your documents ( just as a backup ). Everybody mentions about attaching IELTS , but people don't pay attention to French ones.

runal17

Mar 4, 2023
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I am confused now. Please explain to me like 5yr old kid. Lets say this is my attestation number AD4267265ECF; and this 1234567 my candidate code. Am I adding it together to get certificate number? Please indulge me.
Okay. So listen on your TCF certificate you will find a field called Code candidat , you just need to take the last 7 digits of whatever's written there ( basically everything after the last colon). For example if it is 011040-02-321331-1112222 , then you enter 1112222 on your express entry profile

Ekete

Sep 2, 2023
Okay. So listen on your TCF certificate you will find a field called Code candidat , you just need to take the last 7 digits of whatever's written there ( basically everything after the last colon). For example if it is 011040-02-321331-1112222 , then you enter 1112222 on your express entry profile
Thank you for your assistance.

There's candidate code in the result which from your explanation I should take the last 7digit code as my certificate number. Understood. However, also, in the result there's attestation number which has alphameric codes which someoneelse said I should take the last code of 12digits as my certificate number.

Initially, I used the entire code in the attestation number section and it was flag that it exceeds 30digits.

That's my confusion.

runal17

Mar 4, 2023
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thank you for your assistance.

There's candidate code in the result which from your explanation I should take the last 7digit code as my certificate number. Understood. However, also, in the result there's attestation number which has alphameric codes which someoneelse said I should take the last code of 12digits as my certificate number.

Initially, I used the entire code in the attestation number section and it was flag that it exceeds 30digits.

That's my confusion.
Please click on the question mark besides language test taken field, you will be able to see for yourself what you should do . It has directions for each type of exam .
I am pretty sure 12 digit logic is not correct. Though for me both code candidat and N° de l'attestation were exactly same. So I just took the last 7 digits of that number.

needhelpagain

Mar 29, 2024
This is me saying thank you to you all for the assistance. It's been resolved now.
What did you finally input? I’m currently in the same situation… candidate code and attestation number are totally different and I’m not sure what to enter.