+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tangerine proof of funds letter not matching requirements

Jan 11, 2023
Hello, looking for advice:

I got an ITA in the recent FSW-only draw and need to show proof of funds. My online bank, Tangerine, has a fixed format for proof of funds letter and they refuse to add any extra details.

It’s missing specific date of each bank account opening, email address, any mention of liabilities (I have none), 6 month average balance.

They did give me an official stamped 6 month account statement with list of transactions for all my accounts which is very detailed. Will the combination of these two documents suffice?

I also have an official letter and 6 month statement for my bank account in India, but this also has missing email and average 6month balance.

I am qualified for CEC with a score of 509 so I’m wondering if waiting for the next draw would be a safe option. For more context, my CEC inland application was refused in Jan this year due to work experience letter, so I’m already short on time.

Would be grateful for any advice or insight.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello, looking for advice:

I got an ITA in the recent FSW-only draw and need to show proof of funds. My online bank, Tangerine, has a fixed format for proof of funds letter and they refuse to add any extra details.

It’s missing specific date of each bank account opening, email address, any mention of liabilities (I have none), 6 month average balance.

They did give me an official stamped 6 month account statement with list of transactions for all my accounts which is very detailed. Will the combination of these two documents suffice?

I also have an official letter and 6 month statement for my bank account in India, but this also has missing email and average 6month balance.

I am qualified for CEC with a score of 509 so I’m wondering if waiting for the next draw would be a safe option. For more context, my CEC inland application was refused in Jan this year due to work experience letter, so I’m already short on time.

Would be grateful for any advice or insight.
Letter from the bank and the last 6 months statements should be enough for POF. If you want, you can add a line or two in LOE about this. Good luck!