+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

taking up first exam on "general".. Guidances needed - Alicia

the_rock

Mar 3, 2013
Hi mates,
I am getting anxious about my exam on end of march.
i would like to know... if someone can send me some useful links for G.T ( Please Pm Me ).

If possible.. can someone share their experience while giving G.T exam.

As i know there are 4 sections.
Listening
Writing
Reading
Speaking.

it would be helpful if i can get IDEAS from people who have given exam .

Regards
Alicia

canxyz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Hey, there is no need to worry.As far as Listening section is concerned,listen very carefully and be quick.I hope you are preparing well for your IELTS exam. Practice all the sections daily.

Sleep for atleast 8 hours daily as you should be fresh when you appear for your IELTS exam.It is very important.

Reading Section - The key to success in reading is Concentration so concentrate very hard and be quick as you will have to complete the task in 1 hour (60 minutes).

Last passage is the most difficult .Time allocation is very important in this section, so allocate around 15 minutes for the first section, 20 minutes for the second and 25 minutes for the third.

In LISTENING & READING,write in capital letters.

Writing Section - Try to complete Task 1 in 20 minutes and Task 2 in 40 minutes.

Use of complex language is required in order to score high marks so try to use good vocabulary.There should not be any error in use of English so check the whole passage for any mistakes before you submit your answer sheet.

Speaking -- Speaking for 2 minutes without any pause is important in this section.Use of complex language will give you more bands.

Wish you all the best.

Canxyz

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the_rock said:
Hi mates,
I am getting anxious about my exam on end of march.
i would like to know... if someone can send me some useful links for G.T ( Please Pm Me ).

If possible.. can someone share their experience while giving G.T exam.

As i know there are 4 sections.
Listening
Writing
Reading
Speaking.

it would be helpful if i can get IDEAS from people who have given exam .

Regards
Alicia
Do many practice exams and you will be ok! there are free ones on the internet that you can find.