+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taking my kid to Canada

Kriestyn

Feb 3, 2018
Even if study permit not required, not sure this allows the child to be enrolled without paying international student fees.[/QUOTE

They don’t need to pay international tuition fees , the mother w
Hi Thanks a lot for the reply.. So should I pay the same international fee for my child's education in Canada..??
No absolutely you are not paying internationally fees, you are permanent resident here. Base my own experience I brought my 2 children here in Canada and they are attending school without paying international fees and at this time I am not permanent resident yet, I am on my work permit and school accepted my kids base on my work permit

Rachel Renee

Jan 20, 2018
No absolutely you are not paying internationally fees, you are permanent resident here. Base my own experience I brought my 2 children here in Canada and they are attending school without paying international fees and at this time I am not permanent resident yet, I am on my work permit and school accepted my kids base on my work permit
That's nice. You applied for the admission of your children after they arrived Canada, or from your Home country? I have to come back to Canada to sponsor him. So should I simultaneously apply for his school admission also?

Rachel Renee

Jan 20, 2018
You need his signature. What exactly is preventing him from being able to sign?
We tried putting his signature in front of the lawyer. But the signature is different from than in the passport.I'm waiting 3-4 more months so that he will be cured completely to sign the papers. Anyway he has no objection in taking the child to Canada. That is written on the custody papers. He has given me his passport copy as well. We have taken his thumb impression for now in the PR documents. He has put his thumb impression in all the documents of court.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We tried putting his signature in front of the lawyer. But the signature is different from than in the passport.I'm waiting 3-4 more months so that he will be cured completely to sign the papers. Anyway he has no objection in taking the child to Canada. That is written on the custody papers. He has given me his passport copy as well. We have taken his thumb impression for now in the PR documents. He has put his thumb impression in all the documents of court.
If you have custody papers granting you the right to bring the child to Canada, then you don't need his signature.

Kriestyn

Feb 3, 2018
That's nice. You applied for the admission of your children after they arrived Canada, or from your Home country? I have to come back to Canada to sponsor him. So should I simultaneously apply for his school admission also?
They went here thru
study visa, very fast in 3 months they got approved, First I wrote a letter from school board to asked for acceptance letter , I did send my passport and recent open work permit then this letter was included in their study visa application. Now we are sponsored by my common law partner and we all waiting for our pr approval while they are in study visa

Rachel Renee

Jan 20, 2018
If you have custody papers granting you the right to bring the child to Canada, then you don't need his signature.
I've agreed upon sending my child every year to India for a month with his father. That too is written in the custody paper. So that is not a complete custody right? So I guess I need his signature. Not sure though.

Rachel Renee

Jan 20, 2018
They went here thru
study visa, very fast in 3 months they got approved, First I wrote a letter from school board to asked for acceptance letter , I did send my passport and recent open work permit then this letter was included in their study visa application. Now we are sponsored by my common law partner and we all waiting for our pr approval while they are in study visa
That's nice. Straight forward procedures. Good luck.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I've agreed upon sending my child every year to India for a month with his father. That too is written in the custody paper. So that is not a complete custody right? So I guess I need his signature. Not sure though.
If the custody papers from the court state that you have the right to move the child to Canada without his permission, you don't need the signature.

Reactions: JLK2621

Rachel Renee

Jan 20, 2018
Hi all, yet another question. I'm away from Canada for more than Nine months.I'm planning to come back to Canada on June 2019. By that time it will be like 15 months away from Canada. Will that affect my entry or PR by any chance. Is there some rule something like I should land in Canada in one year?