+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taking Leave of absence for 1 semester as flights are banned from India.

Paras1012

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hello Guys! I got my visa in March and I have completed my 1st semester online from India and my flight was scheduled foe 28th April which eventually got cancelled due to covid outbreak In India. I am planning to apply for a leave of absence due to covid issues and I don’t want to study another semester sitting here in India. Is it gonna effect my PGWP in future anyway if the leave is authorised from college and is just for 90 days?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Guys! I got my visa in March and I have completed my 1st semester online from India and my flight was scheduled foe 28th April which eventually got cancelled due to covid outbreak In India. I am planning to apply for a leave of absence due to covid issues and I don’t want to study another semester sitting here in India. Is it gonna effect my PGWP in future anyway if the leave is authorised from college and is just for 90 days?
It is impossible to say. Is your semester only 90 days? Is this a scheduled break for the program?

Paras1012

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Yes it’s only 90 days, No this isn’t a scheduled break but when I contacted my college regarding my situation as I am stuck here in india and the situation is really horrible here right now. They said I can apply for a Leave of absence which they will approve.

Paras1012

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
For the purpose of assessing if a student is actively pursuing their studies, any leave taken from a program of studies in Canada should not exceed 150 days from the date the leave commenced and must be authorized by their DLI.