+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taking furniture to Canada

aana

Nov 15, 2010
I am moving to Vancouver in summer and am considering taking some essential items through a separate cargo - utensils, basic furniture - cots, mattress and pillows, study table etc that are in very good condition. An online assessment of costs shows that setting up a house with all items new can be quite expensive. Does anyone have experience in this matter? What are you thoughts? Thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Either shipping items from another country or buy things new locally, it will be expensive. However, like I said in your other thread, I brought my slow cooker and voltage converter among other things (including furniture) from China to Vancouver.

Btw, what status are you in Canada?

aana

Nov 15, 2010
My status is as of a permanent resident. I casually checked prices of cargo as well as purchasing items (new and old) in Vancouver and am inclined to take minimum good furniture, utensils, crockery, other personal items. It looks like you are already in Canada. If there are any other tips you would like to share on moving, I will be most happy to receive them.
Thank you