+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taking baby to the oath taking ceremony

bpayne788

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
can someone let me know any of your experiences in taking a baby to the oath taking? I have a 10 month old who I thought of bringing.. (me & my eldest are taking oath, my husband will be with our baby)

Is it worth it to take babies in the oath taking? our oath ceremony says to be there by 8:30 AM. Part of me is saying to leave her with a baby sitter, so we can focused on the ceremony and my husband won’t be sent outside because my baby can be loud, but my “mom guilt” is telling me to bring her with us so she can be part of this joyous event...

Can anyone enlighten me please?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Leave the baby with a sitter..any noise and you will be asked to leave the room.
At 10 month, she will not remember the ceremony anyway.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
can someone let me know any of your experiences in taking a baby to the oath taking? I have a 10 month old who I thought of bringing.. (me & my eldest are taking oath, my husband will be with our baby)

Is it worth it to take babies in the oath taking? our oath ceremony says to be there by 8:30 AM. Part of me is saying to leave her with a baby sitter, so we can focused on the ceremony and my husband won’t be sent outside because my baby can be loud, but my “mom guilt” is telling me to bring her with us so she can be part of this joyous event...

Agreed, leave the child at home with a sitter.
The ceremony needs you to fully concentrate on the activities and procedures. An unhappy child will make this very difficult for you.

LEP_582

Jul 4, 2018
Agreed, leave the child at home with a sitter.
The ceremony needs you to fully concentrate on the activities and procedures. An unhappy child will make this very difficult for you.
OR, you can bring the babysitter with you if you would like him/her to be present on that joyous event ( which he won't remember ) but at least you know he was there with you and he can be in the family photo for the memories! :)

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014

I left my 2 year old at the day care as I read about how you would be asked to leave (and come back during oath) if children make noise. Couple of families with small children were asked by the the Clerk and was called back in during the Oath. But if the kid makes a lot of noise during Oath i've heard you might be asked to leave and choose another day for Oath.

if you have family or friends who is willing to take a day off to accompany you, they usually sit in another area and can take the kid outside as required. And bring the kid back for photographs.

The invite clearly states about CIC stand on bringing children. Well it is also because is a court. You go to any court and if the baby cries, you would be asked to leave which is a normal procedure (court proceedings are recorded)

Reactions: nanni_doc

Carola1

Apr 29, 2018
I took the Oath in February (123 applicants) They had to stop the proceedings quite a few times and tell the parent to take the child out of the room. It is quite frustratng trying to listen to the clerk while a baby is crying or toddler is fussing. They procedure takes about 2 hours, so while you want your child to be there, it will be more enjoyable for you and everyone when there are no interferences. Good luck

Reactions: bpayne788

bpayne788

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
I took the Oath in February (123 applicants) They had to stop the proceedings quite a few times and tell the parent to take the child out of the room. It is quite frustratng trying to listen to the clerk while a baby is crying or toddler is fussing. They procedure takes about 2 hours, so while you want your child to be there, it will be more enjoyable for you and everyone when there are no interferences. Good luck
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know.. we have decided to leave her to a baby sitter. :)

Reactions: foodie69