+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tabs/Binders/Staples

vithush

Jun 14, 2012
Hi everyone!
I noticed that it is clearly specified in the guide that an applicant shouldn't
staple, paperclip or bind in any other way the documents in their application
package and just let them loose. This is a bit frustrating as this way I can totally see some
sheets being lost or not noticed. Did you guys follow this guideline? Can't we even staple
sheets within each individual form? Can't we add tabs?
Thanks!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Only used paperclips to clip my photos and the address labels to the document checklist.
The rest of my documents are unbound.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
You can use one big elastic rubber-band, to hold the whole paperwork together. So that when the officer takes the papers out of the envelop they don't fly away around the room :)

And use normal paper clips for different parts of the application (1-2 for the forms, 1-2 for the documents, 1-2 pictures). I think it would be better NOT to use a lot of paper clips on every form or document. That would just make the bundle look weird.

mawin

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since I have been studying about immigration process appkucation ..I never seen or heard about this topic..Any way your paper should complete all pages and tidy. The officer easy to check. I done 100 times for my client's application with Clip.

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
I only used two clips for photos so they don't come scatter around the envelope.

I don't think it's a problem using any of the things, but it is easier for them to scan your document if you don't use staples/binders. I think that's why it's mentioned.

Also, prepare a detailed cover letter listing all documents in the order they appear in the envelope.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Paperclips are less of a problem as they are easily removed and do not damage the papers.

Staples are a no-no as a) they damage the paper when they are removed and b) they are a safety risk to the clerk who pre-sorts the supplied papers into the correct processing order.