+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TA/RA Experience

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for clarification. I have one more question since a friend of mine has been rejected, my friend has applied for EE BC PNP through Federal Skilled Worker program, and the officer referred to the sentence that I mentioned.
I understand that Federal Skilled Worker(FSW) requires one year work experience which could be inside Canada or outside Canada, while for Canadian Work Class(CEC), only Canadian Work Experience is acceptable. The situation is that my friend has only RAship in Canada as his entire work experience. According to the definition of Canadian Work Experience (Section15), he cannot apply for CEC. Regarding FSW, the work can be either Foreign Work Experience or Canadian Work Experience to get the points. Since his RAship has been in Canada, he should select Canadian Work Experience to get the points. However, according to the definition of Canadian Work Experience, his RAship should not be counted.
Any advice or suggestion?
Unfortunately, your friend is not eligible to apply for PR under those circumstances as he does not have the required work experience. TA/RA work experience only counts toward FSW if it was outside of Canada. In other words, it is impossible to get credit for TA/RA-ships inside Canada. Best course of action for your friend will be to apply for a PGWP at graduation, find a job for 12 months, and then apply under CEC.

cchh

Aug 22, 2018
Unfortunately, your friend is not eligible to apply for PR under those circumstances as he does not have the required work experience. TA/RA work experience only counts toward FSW if it was outside of Canada. In other words, it is impossible to get credit for TA/RA-ships inside Canada. Best course of action for your friend will be to apply for a PGWP at graduation, find a job for 12 months, and then apply under CEC.
Hello! One thing that confuses me that that why the TA/RA experience has to occur outside of Canada under FSW. I read the links provided, but cannot find anything that will explain this.

rashoor

Jan 12, 2021
Hi,

I know RAship is classified as NOC 4012; however, I was wondering if CIC considers RAship as work experience for federal express entry since the primary status/goal during being RA is study? I have seen on CIC website that the work experience during post-graduation work permit are counted, rather than the ones during study permit. By the way, the EE application of a friend of mine has been rejected recently due to this issue.

Thanks for your reply and advice.
what has been the issue?