+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

T4 needed for tax return

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hello all
I worked for 5weeks in a restaurant in Nov 2019 which got close down in March 2020.

My employer didn't make me any T4 and now CRA asking me to submit a T4 as i claim for my income.

Any one knows what should i do as i dont have T4? Can I ask my accountant to make me a T4 on their name?

Thanks.

Canadafrenzy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can first ask your employer for T4s. If they refuse to help then your other option is to complain against your employer by calling the CRA business inquiries number. You accountant can't make your T4. Hope that helps.

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
You can first ask your employer for T4s. If they refuse to help then your other option is to complain against your employer by calling the CRA business inquiries number. You accountant can't make your T4. Hope that helps.
Thank you. I dont know where is my employer as the store close down. There is no other way to make my t4? My employer didnt report my working i guess as i worked only 1 month there. Even the cheque I got was from his personal account and not business. I dont want to complain or do such as i dont know where is he even now.

Thanks again.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. I dont know where is my employer as the store close down. There is no other way to make my t4? My employer didnt report my working i guess as i worked only 1 month there. Even the cheque I got was from his personal account and not business. I dont want to complain or do such as i dont know where is he even now.

Thanks again.
If the cheque was for his personal account then your worked under the table. He didn’t submit employee income to CRA. So there will be no T4.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks again.
Assume you were asked to pay your CERB money back. If you knowingly worked off the books you can't apply for CERB based on that work and expect to receive all the financial support.