None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
jes_ON said:
Mmmm.... Not quite. It appears that medicals are now being requested before the eligibility review is complete. Only a completeness check is conducted initially... As for PCCs, in most cases you have to submit them as oart of the application (it is true that for some countries, they are requested after the eligibility review).

It's true that it is pass/fail, tho - exactly why it will be difficult for you to prove your case...
My case is almost in the hands of lawyers. I'm meeting with them between today and tomorrow. Looks like there's hope. As long as we provide the right evidence that I acquired the experience of an employee and not a self-employed person. Thankfully my company is willing to collaborate with explanatory letters, time-sheets, etc.

Thankfully my PCC would be requested by the Can gov. I can still request them on my own though. It's pretty easy in my country.

Thanks Jes.

justtheme

May 2, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa >> Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
AOR Received.
03-09-2011
IELTS Request
7.5 / 9
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
29-5-2013
Med's Done....
10-6-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Another thing. I just remembered that I did a full time post-grad placement with the Ministry of Children and Youth Services in 2009. It was a 13 week contract, 40 hours per week, with a bi weekly salary and a T4 was issued at the end of the year. My role was Communications Officer (same NOC code as the rest of my employment history in Canada - Skill type A). That would give me 4000 hours of experience within 28 months, with T4s issued at the end of each year.

For foreign workers, it's only stated that the experience has to be obtained under a valid work permit. I had an open work permit at that time. The relationship between me and the ministry was employer-employee, as stated in the T4.

Here's what the OP 25 manual says:
9.11. Work experience
For the Temporary Foreign Worker Stream, the applicant must have 24 months of fulltime equivalent Canadian skilled-work experience at NOC 0, A or B acquired in Canada, within the 36 months preceding the date their application is made.

For the Post-Graduation Stream, the applicant must have obtained 12 months of fulltime equivalent Canadian skilled-work experience within the 24 months preceding the date of application [R87.1(2)(a)(i)-(ii)]. This experience must be acquired after they have completed the required program of study and obtained a Canadian educational credential. (Work performed under the Off-Campus Work Permit Program or on a co-op work term does not count).

The applicant does not have to be employed at the time of application, but they must have temporary status during the period of work experience [R87.1(3)(b)].

Any periods of self-employment or unauthorized work will not be included in calculating the period of work experience [R87.1(3)(b)].
It NEVER NEVER states that experience during an educational program doesn't count for the foreign worker stream. I think it's the same situation that research assistants have at Universities, and they have qualified under CEC.

What do you think?

justtheme

May 2, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa >> Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
AOR Received.
03-09-2011
IELTS Request
7.5 / 9
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
29-5-2013
Med's Done....
10-6-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Just an update for you guys. I've consulted with 4 (unrelated) immigration lawyers so far. All of them say that my case qualifies for CEC, that it's just a matter of showing my employment conditions.

There's employment contracts that use T4As ad the end of each period. That's what they said. None layers have said "no" to my case.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
justtheme said:
Another thing. I just remembered that I did a full time post-grad placement with the Ministry of Children and Youth Services in 2009. It was a 13 week contract, 40 hours per week, with a bi weekly salary and a T4 was issued at the end of the year. My role was Communications Officer (same NOC code as the rest of my employment history in Canada - Skill type A). That would give me 4000 hours of experience within 28 months, with T4s issued at the end of each year.

For foreign workers, it's only stated that the experience has to be obtained under a valid work permit. I had an open work permit at that time. The relationship between me and the ministry was employer-employee, as stated in the T4.
I think you CAN use that 13 weeks (if you get your application in soon enough), but here's the thing - if you get credit for that 5 months on the T4A, you don't really need it. If you don't get credit for those 5 months, it's not enough time to help (will not give you 24 months). Still, you should include it if you can...

Admission

Sep 29, 2011
justtheme said:
Just an update for you guys. I've consulted with 4 (unrelated) immigration lawyers so far. All of them say that my case qualifies for CEC, that it's just a matter of showing my employment conditions.

There's employment contracts that use T4As ad the end of each period. That's what they said. None layers have said "no" to my case.
Hey Did you end up applying as aself employed person. I am self employed having a sole proprietor status, my accountant advised to issue myself a T4 instead of T4 A in the last year of employment. Please let me know what you think about this situation, should I apply under CEC with the T4 or should I consider applying under other categories. I also paid for the CPP deductions for the whole year to CRA.