+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"system operation failed" Error for visitor visa via the new portal

dharanc

Sep 1, 2021
I applied for visitor's visa on behalf of my parents from Canada using IRCC new portal, Created a group application, and paid the fees along with the biometric fee.

Its almost 24 hours but didn't receive any biometric Instruction Letter so far, When I check the application status I am getting below error without any updates on applicant names.
Sorry, a system operation failed. Please try again later.
Your application is being processed, please check again momentarily.

I am just able to see "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" within the application messages

Any clue on what's happening here?

db9

Sep 30, 2021
Hi @dharanc - what did you learn about this status? Can you please let me know how long after you have seen this status did your application move forward?

db9

Sep 30, 2021
To anyone looking for answers - I received an update after 36 hours that the application is now in progress and I see that the Unique Client Identifier is assigned to the application now. Looks like it's just how long it took for the system to do its thing in the background.

dharanc

Sep 1, 2021
To anyone looking for answers - I received an update after 36 hours that the application is now in progress and I see that the Unique Client Identifier is assigned to the application now. Looks like it's just how long it took for the system to do its thing in the background.
Yeah, I got mine updated after 48 hours along with biometric request