+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Syrian Refugees to be given TEMPORARY permits initially

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/un-says-syrian-refugees-will-be-processed-in-canada/

Finally some information on what they plan to do... 25,000 refugees to enter the country with temporary permits..
Once they enter the country, they will process their PRs...

I think this is better for security purposes, while helping the refugees to a safe place... and shouldn't (hopefully) affect immigration applications as much as if they were giving them all PRs directly..

Any views on this?

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
EFK said:
http://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/un-says-syrian-refugees-will-be-processed-in-canada/

Finally some information on what they plan to do... 25,000 refugees to enter the country with temporary permits..
Once they enter the country, they will process their PRs...

I think this is better for security purposes, while helping the refugees to a safe place... and shouldn't (hopefully) affect immigration applications as much as if they were giving them all PRs directly..

Any views on this?
Yet CIC has to do security checks before issuing temporary residency permit. And again issuing temporary residency permit is CIC job, so it's likely to affect immigration applications.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
anarsoul said:
Yet CIC has to do security checks before issuing temporary residency permit. And again issuing temporary residency permit is CIC job, so it's likely to affect immigration applications.
Not only security/background checks, they will have to do medicals as well (within canada) i guess.

Gabbana

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
07-10-2015
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
An excerpt:

5.14. Processing priorities
While Regulations do not establish processing priorities,operational priorities may be established.
Departmental policy requires that applications in the family class for spouses, common-law and conjugal partners, and dependent children be finalized within six months. Section 5.7 of OP 2 lists exceptional circumstances that could result in visa offices legitimately not meeting these service standards.
Refugee applications classified as urgent or vulnerable should also receive priority processing. OP 5 provides definitions and instructions on processing urgent and vulnerable refugee applications.
In the event of a disaster, visa offices are reminded to continue to pull the applications of affected persons to the front of the queue for review, and advise the appropriate Geographic Desk, International Region of the situation. Given the variety of situations which can occur as a result of any disaster, it remains the applicant or sponsor’s responsibility to demonstrate that they are negatively affected by the situation.

Source:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
I think in the end we just have to realise that politics or no. ...these refugees need help. I'm sure they'd b sorted out soon enough. ...patience guys.

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I find it idiotic when people say they will do background check and verifications...Do you have any idea how this refugee have left their homes and countries...They dont have sufficient documents..many dont have passports too....So stop speculating..I stay in europe and I know they just come with clothes, money and little food...thats it...no documents or any proof.

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
impulseoceanic said:
I find it idiotic when people say they will do background check and verifications...Do you have any idea how this refugee have left their homes and countries...They dont have sufficient documents..many dont have passports too....So stop speculating..I stay in europe and I know they just come with clothes, money and little food...thats it...no documents or any proof.
Which doesn't mean/doesn't imply the securities checks will be bypassed.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
8Hannah8 said:
Which doesn't mean/doesn't imply the securities checks will be bypassed.
Agree and like to add : when we are talking about securities, we can't add personal feelings in that cuisine.

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Nick~Nick said:
Agree and like to add : when we are talking about securities, we can't add personal feelings in that cuisine.
Exactly, it's a fallacy of appeal to emotion.
Even in Europe, there are many refugee applications that are getting refused. Those refusals are generally based on lack of evidence that refugee status should be granted. Unfortunately, there would be many cases of people trying to take advantage of the situation, and I am sure CIC has some sort of criteria to weed out those applications.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
either way there is lot of pressure on CIC . Lets see how this all works out. Now think of it earlier government was better for us atleast there was some regularity. Hope there is a draw tomorrow

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
impulseoceanic said:
No one is speculating here. If you read the article and watch the interview from CBC, you will know that they will have to do background check and health inspection on every applications. Canadians certainly don't want to bring any terrorists or new diseases to their country.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RamsayBolton said:
No one is speculating here. If you read the article and watch the interview from CBC, you will know that they will have to do background check and health inspection on every applications. Canadians certainly don't want to bring any terrorists or new diseases to their country.
Yes, but if the medical exam is to be conducted IN Canada, what safeguards will they have in place?

Will it be similar to the Ebola screening tents and full body protection for the medical teams that were being broadcast all over the news channels earlier this year?

Should they assume that a person is infected with something, until their examination proves otherwise...especially for people that are on Canadian soil?

Soooo many pieces to this puzzle!

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Ponga said:
Yes, but if the medical exam is to be conducted IN Canada, what safeguards will they have in place?

Will it be similar to the Ebola screening tents and full body protection for the medical teams that were being broadcast all over the news channels earlier this year?

Should they assume that a person is infected with something, until their examination proves otherwise...especially for people that are on Canadian soil?

Soooo many pieces to this puzzle!
I hope they'll conduct medical exam out of Canada.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....