+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Syphilis Treatment received, will it be a reason of refusal on medical grounds?

RohitV

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
Hi,

I received ITA on 11th July 2018 and am expected to submit application by 10th September. To be sure and safe, I got myself tested for all the STDs in July. I found syphilis result positive with both TPHA and VDRL positive. I consulted doctor in Delhi and he referred me to hospital for penicillin shot. I visited RML on 6th August and got the injection (which is the treatment for syphilis). Luckily I was diagnosed with primary syphil so only one shot was required.

Now I want to know in medical which will be on 4th Sept, my VDRL will still be positive (though reduced). Will proof of doctor's visit, diagnosis and treatment (by getting injection) help me and sufficient enough to clear medical exam.

Im confused. Please help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I received ITA on 11th July 2018 and am expected to submit application by 10th September. To be sure and safe, I got myself tested for all the STDs in July. I found syphilis result positive with both TPHA and VDRL positive. I consulted doctor in Delhi and he referred me to hospital for penicillin shot. I visited RML on 6th August and got the injection (which is the treatment for syphilis). Luckily I was diagnosed with primary syphil so only one shot was required.

Now I want to know in medical which will be on 4th Sept, my VDRL will still be positive (though reduced). Will proof of doctor's visit, diagnosis and treatment (by getting injection) help me and sufficient enough to clear medical exam.

Im confused. Please help.
Probably not sufficient. You will likely have to be tested again until it comes out negative.

Reactions: visatest and RohitV

RohitV

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
Thank you for your reply and clearing my doubt. I would then decline the ITA and wait for 2 more months.

RohitV

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
I found Form imm5965 says " IRCC requires a document proving that you have received the treatment"

Gowthi

May 3, 2019
How many days after syphilis treatment (done according to canadian standards and dovumented) is a person eligible to apply for student visa? Will this case will automatically lead to visa rejection or kindly tell me the duration? When will the immigration issues clearance of medicals? Or will they give procedural fairness letter?