+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sydney, Nova Scotia Visa Office - Let's connect here!

KimPositive

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I talked to a CIC agent today.
One of my questions was about my VO as I didn't know yet which VO is processing my application.
Answer: right now it's in Sydney, NS. After that it probably will go to Ottawa for next process steps.

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
KimPositive said:
One of my questions was about my VO as I didn't know yet which VO is processing my application.
Answer: right now it's in Sydney, NS. After that it probably will go to Ottawa for next process steps.
I think, it applies to all the CEC-Inland applicants (Initially CIO - Sydney, Nova Scotia and later Ottawa). I didn't hear from anyone whose BG changed after medical from CEC Inlands. It may be possible that Security check might be taking sometime. Hopefully, we will hear something soon ;) ;)

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
Baji81 said:
I think, it applies to all the CEC-Inland applicants (Initially CIO - Sydney, Nova Scotia and later Ottawa). I didn't hear from anyone whose BG changed after medical from CEC Inlands. It may be possible that Security check might be taking sometime. Hopefully, we will hear something soon ;) ;)
KimPositive said:
Three of us have the same timeline, BG changed on Feb 20

canadaee2015

Dec 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My File is with CPC - Sydney, NovaScotia.

AOR: Feb 03
MED Passed: March 07
BG : IP -> March 07

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
reddyreddy said:
Three of us have the same timeline, BG changed on Feb 20
Yes, please let us know if you get any updates to your Background Check. :)
Cheers.

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
aah waiting waiting and waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
My File is with CPC - Sydney, Nova Scotia.

AOR: Feb 11
MED Passed: March 8
BG : IP -> March 08
Additional documents: We do not any additional documents.

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC -Sydney; Secondary visa office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Dec 15, 2017 (Upfront eMedicals); Feb 12, 2018 (Request from CIC)
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Not applicable; BGIP 2: Feb 27, 2018
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
CPC Ottawa and CPC Nova Scotia, Sydney are two seperate visa offices, right? While we are required to send it to CIO, NS first, some may be processed at Syndney whereas others are routed to Ottawa. Am I correct in my understanding? Some of you show Ottawa in your status saying Nova Scotia as your processing office. Can you confirm? I have heard Syndey is slow, but not the same for Ottawa. What has been your experience?

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
vpkasbek said:
CPC Ottawa and CPC Nova Scotia, Sydney are two seperate visa offices, right? While we are required to send it to CIO, NS first, some may be processed at Syndney whereas others are routed to Ottawa. Am I correct in my understanding? Some of you show Ottawa in your status saying Nova Scotia as your processing office. Can you confirm? I have heard Syndey is slow, but not the same for Ottawa. What has been your experience?
Nova Scotia is an intake office for Express entry applicants. After we submit the application, couple of agents at CIO will do all sorts of validation and recommendation to our application. Based on the stream, it may routed to the local visa office (LVO). For instance, majority of the CEC Inlanders application will be send to CPC Ottawa for final decision. Once the positive decision is made, then respective applicant so receive the PPR mail.

This is what I have noticed in many GCMS notes.

Catie1989

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Hello good people!

I got a shock the other day. I emailed to find out if our application had been moved to an LVO. Our AOR is Jan 28, with meds passed and BG changing to ip on March 2nd followed by going back to nn on March 4th. Due to the change to nn I assumed it had been moved on to an LVO. We are a FSW Outland application, we live in and are from the uk, so I assumed London would be where it was at. However the email we received said this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Please submit any inquiries via our web form and your inquiry will be redirected to the correct office.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Regards,

Gisele
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca GO14051

Does this mean Sydney NS is our VO, or is it still stuck in the first stages of processing. Any light shed upon this enigmatic and mysterious possible VO in Sydney NS would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and gals!

abo0286

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Toronto, Canada
They will transfer it at one point. But no one knows how long it will take. Im residing in UK too. I emailed them last week expecting my file to be with local vo but they replied its still in Sydney!

Catie1989 said:
Hello good people!

I got a shock the other day. I emailed to find out if our application had been moved to an LVO. Our AOR is Jan 28, with meds passed and BG changing to ip on March 2nd followed by going back to nn on March 4th. Due to the change to nn I assumed it had been moved on to an LVO. We are a FSW Outland application, we live in and are from the uk, so I assumed London would be where it was at. However the email we received said this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Please submit any inquiries via our web form and your inquiry will be redirected to the correct office.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Regards,

Gisele
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca GO14051

Does this mean Sydney NS is our VO, or is it still stuck in the first stages of processing. Any light shed upon this enigmatic and mysterious possible VO in Sydney NS would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and gals!

Catie1989

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
abo0286 said:
They will transfer it at one point. But no one knows how long it will take. Im residing in UK too. I emailed them last week expecting my file to be with local vo but they replied its still in Sydney!
Seems like we are both stuck in purgatory! We have a slightly complicated application. I don't suppose yours is complicated too?

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017
Baji81 said:
Nova Scotia is an intake office for Express entry applicants. After we submit the application, couple of agents at CIO will do all sorts of validation and recommendation to our application. Based on the stream, it may routed to the local visa office (LVO). For instance, majority of the CEC Inlanders application will be send to CPC Ottawa for final decision. Once the positive decision is made, then respective applicant so receive the PPR mail.

This is what I have noticed in many GCMS notes.
Hi Baji81,

but my visa office is CPC- Ottawa from beginning i mean when i was received email.

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
sanpatel30 said:
Hi Baji81,

but my visa office is CPC- Ottawa from beginning i mean when i was received email.
Like I said, majority of CEC applicants will undergo this process. There are exceptions everywhere. Btw, when you say begining what is the date it is? When did you enquire about Visa Office?

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
aah waiting waiting and waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
My file has been moved from CPC Sydney to CIO Sydney. ( It's working vice versa to many of the people's assumptions - I know it's case to case though Cheesy )

March 1st ( before medicals passed) - CPC Sydney

March 10th ( After medicals, BG IP(1) ) - CPC Sydney

March 27th (BG IP (1) ) - CIO Sydney.

Anyone has the same experience i.e. moving from CPC to CIO ?( I just know one another guy )

Reactions: vishal singla