File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
We just got our AOR 3 Dec (tho it was dated 29 Nov). It was signed for on delivery on 13 Aug. That's 80 working days for ours. it IS a long wait - and you CAN contact them via the webform to confirm that they have receipt - but that's all you'll get.

Will post again when anything changes on my 'linked login account' where I can track our application.
7th Dec and I (the applicant) received my request for biometrics. 30 days to comply (so... from now until 7 Jan.. over the Christmas period... *sigh* Great timing! However, will be able to get it booked and done - seems to be really quick and simple to book and get done).

Reactions: Beshu

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018
7th Dec and I (the applicant) received my request for biometrics. 30 days to comply (so... from now until 7 Jan.. over the Christmas period... *sigh* Great timing! However, will be able to get it booked and done - seems to be really quick and simple to book and get done).
Hi! Which country are you applying from? Just wondering because they ask you for biometrics. Thanks!

kevinthegerbil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
IELTS Request
Not needed
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
Hi! Which country are you applying from? Just wondering because they ask you for biometrics. Thanks!
From the UK. Surprisingly, all of the EU has to submit biometrics as of earlier this year. When we applied, August, they hadn't decided. But now it is confirmed that all new applications and in-progress applications need to provide photo and fingerprints held for 10 years. You have to submit them at one of a number of offices around the EU. There is ONE in the UK, in London.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Application received in Sydney October 10, 2018.
So far, crickets - but based on what I am seeing in the threads it could take awhile. Has anyone that applied in October received an AOR?

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018
From the UK. Surprisingly, all of the EU has to submit biometrics as of earlier this year. When we applied, August, they hadn't decided. But now it is confirmed that all new applications and in-progress applications need to provide photo and fingerprints held for 10 years. You have to submit them at one of a number of offices around the EU. There is ONE in the UK, in London.
That’s what I thought too! It’s surprising that applicants who had submitted their papers before the end of this year have to do the biometrics. Anyway goodluck on your paperwork Mine must be on it’s way too, hopefully. Still waiting for the AOR though.

Beshu

Nov 29, 2018
Quick question, I submitted my job letter in my file and I am getting tired of working night shifts. If I were to quit my job and work somewhere else, would it still effect my file?? Do they call your employer??

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
We just got our AOR 3 Dec (tho it was dated 29 Nov). It was signed for on delivery on 13 Aug. That's 80 working days for ours. it IS a long wait - and you CAN contact them via the webform to confirm that they have receipt - but that's all you'll get.

Will post again when anything changes on my 'linked login account' where I can track our application.
Can you link me to where I can find this webform page? It would make me feel good knowing they actually have it, not just a notice from UPS that it was delivered lol.

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Hello, I have heard that some of the forms were updated and dated 11-2018, and some applications were returned to senders to update their forms. I am a September applicant and I haven’t receive an AOR yet. I hope they will not return my application

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hello, I have heard that some of the forms were updated and dated 11-2018, and some applications were returned to senders to update their forms. I am a September applicant and I haven’t receive an AOR yet. I hope they will not return my application
That wouldn't be reasonable for them to return the applications after receiving them at the Sydney office due to later updated forms!
I am sure they date the packages when they are received and process them accordingly. There was an unusually large amount of
applicants this past summer and think they are just trying to get through the backlog. Probably filtering the easy ones first, so they
receive AOR faster while the more complicated ones ( with dependents etc. ) Take longer.
Though it does seem from the forums some specific countries are are getting processed faster initially?
Don't worry .....If you followed the checklist completely everything should be ok.

Waiting for Santa
HoHoHo

Reactions: Happy_mjr

timbittim

May 4, 2018
Hi I applied Outland from London, I also received my letter to do a medical and provide biometrics within 30 days, it’s silly as it’s so close to Xmas and New Years! Did your sponser received an email to say the file had been transferred to Mississauga?

I submitted a police certificate Althea I originally sent the application in August but they have requested it again. There is no option to upload the document as it says no documents have been requested even though I received an email to say I need to supply this.. confused as it’s another £45 I have to pay

bizzybuddy

Nov 27, 2018
Alliston Ontario
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-01-2019
File Transfer...
16-07-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019
Med's Done....
23-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2019
LANDED..........
15-09-2019
After couriering application on November 26th. Today we received AOR by email. Does anyone have a timeline for the steps to follow?

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
After couriering application on November 26th. Today we received AOR by email. Does anyone have a timeline for the steps to follow?
Congrats, what country is the principal applicant applying from?

bizzybuddy

Nov 27, 2018
Alliston Ontario
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-01-2019
File Transfer...
16-07-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019
Med's Done....
23-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2019
LANDED..........
15-09-2019
Congrats, what country is the principal applicant applying from?
The applicant or my wife is applying from Norway

justpassingby

Dec 26, 2018
Montreal
I have a quick question: we sent our application to Sydney but we received an AOR1 from mississauga office. Does it mean Sydney sent our application to mississauga office to be processed?

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
I don't understand why the IRCC decided to send the Sponsorship applications to an office with less employees ?
The only thing we've got so far is AOR on November 21st and the application was received on July 26th. We are closing in on the 7 month mark and all they say "everything in your application seems to be in order", I find outrageous that they take more than 2 months to evaluate my eligibility to sponsor my wife.

The cherry on top is that we still need the SA letter PLUS the AOR2 so I can send the documents to the provincial government of Quebec and then wait for the local visa office, there is no transparency on any of this and if you read the small print on their website it says "only 80% of the applications are processed within 12 months" and they add that in the last period that they analyzed they only got like 73% of the applications within that timeframe, so they are basically saying: we are doing a bad job, we know we are and we are not doing anything to improve it...

Sorry for venting here, but this is just ridiculous