+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Switching Schools In Canada

May 16, 2024
Hello Everyone,

Quick question please, my visa got accepted to Humber college, but I want to study at algonquin so I can be with my sister. If I inform the IRCC of this change when classes begin do I need to wait for their response or move to algonquin as soon as I submit this change, without waiting for a response, this is important so that I can be eligible for a refund of my tuition fees, which is valid till 10 days after classes begin.

Thank you for your.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Quick question please, my visa got accepted to Humber college, but I want to study at algonquin so I can be with my sister. If I inform the IRCC of this change when classes begin do I need to wait for their response or move to algonquin as soon as I submit this change, without waiting for a response, this is important so that I can be eligible for a refund of my tuition fees, which is valid till 10 days after classes begin.

Thank you for your.
You cannot change schools without studying at Humber for at least a semester. So go to Humber for a semester and then change. If you don’t want to attend Humber (getting refund after 10 days is not attending) then apply for a new study permit.

So current plan will not work.