+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Switching from INland to OUTland

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
we were wondering if there is some problems if we switch our application from inland to outland. i was told that if you withdraw your application then you are not able to sponsor the same person again. or is this even true? what if you only decide to do it cause inland is really taking long.. thanks.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You cannot "switch" from inland to outland or vice versa. Each application is unique and has specific requirements. If you choose to withdraw your inland application, you can file an outland application but you would be starting again from scratch. You would of course be able to sponsor the same person by withdrawing your application and filing outland.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
You are almost near the end rich_m0nd.. why would you switch? after all this wait? Aren't you 7 months in the process?

soldier123

May 6, 2009
I remember your case, you didn't get any reply? Did you try to contact the officer that is processing your file?
Boncuk is right.. you are almost there.

I've heard that you can only withdraw and starts everything again.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait a bit longer and see if they give you first stage approval and work permit. If they send your file to the local office without first stage approval, you may be better off cancelling and applying outland but you would have to know why they had problems with your application so you could correct them when applying again.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Arriel,

thanks.. what i mean by switch is withdraw and re-apply again. but good to know that you are still able to sponsor if you withdraw..

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Boncuk,

thanks Boncuk. i'm now 9 months and waiting. i hope it's coming to an end soon. i just thought that outland will be faster or something. you make my spirits and hopes up. what should i do? my friend has her PR in 7 months. i didn't even have my AIP yet.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Hi Soldier123,

Thanks. i haven't recieved anything from them. when you said contact the officer, can you actually contact the person responsible with your file? how do you do that? i wouldn't mind starting from scratch if maybe it'll be better. but i think you're right. i guess i should just wait for another 2 months the most. what happened with your case?

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Leon,

What does it mean if they transfer my file to a local office? is that bad? ok i'll wait another 2 months. i'm hoping i'll get my work permit soon so i can withdraw my refugee claim and get my passport back cause it's expired. thanks for you help AGAIN. you never let us in this forum down.

soldier123

May 6, 2009
rich_m0nd said:
Hi Soldier123,

Thanks. i haven't recieved anything from them. when you said contact the officer, can you actually contact the person responsible with your file? how do you do that? i wouldn't mind starting from scratch if maybe it'll be better. but i think you're right. i guess i should just wait for another 2 months the most. what happened with your case?
Hello! I am about to get an answer any day now - such a long wait.. I can't imagine what you are going thru, that is completely unfair. I am telling you about the letter because It is not the first time that I read that people after no answer at all received one after sending a letter to the officer. Check out this thread:

http://www.settlement.org/discuss/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10509

Last month I decided to send some recent photos and a letter telling about my relationship - I just had a kind of feeling that I haven't sent enough information and I felt such relief sending it.. I can sleep a lot better now LOL anyways.. and you know what? I was expecting they send me all that back and I got very surprised seeing on my E-cas " documents received, thank you" . In my opinion doesn't hurt a try at least you can get something, you could send a letter telling that people with similar timeline got an answer, and you just want to know what is happening with your file - I mean if on the web site says 5-6 months waiting period, you are in 9.. obviously something is wrong.

Did you ask for Foss Notes?

ps.If you decide to send it, a CIC agent instructed me to add a cover letter with the same information that they usually ask you on the phone ( file number, date of birth, address, phone... ) don't forget to sign it.

Take care.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rich_m0nd said:
What does it mean if they transfer my file to a local office? is that bad? ok i'll wait another 2 months. i'm hoping i'll get my work permit soon so i can withdraw my refugee claim and get my passport back cause it's expired. thanks for you help AGAIN. you never let us in this forum down.
If they transfer your file to local office after your first stage approval and work permit, that is perfectly normal and good. If they transfer it without giving you first stage approval, it means they have a problem with your case and want an interview. That is normally bad and can delay your application by a lot more. If this happens, go to the local office and ask how much time you can expect to wait for an interview with them. If they say it's going to be a long time, you might be better off cancelling then and applying again outland.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Leon,

Thanks so much.. that is a lot of help.. from what you know? waiting for this long could mean just transfer to the local office right away? i have to do something about this now.. or think of an alternative..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to find out what is happening with your case, where it is and what is going on. Call CIC. If no answer, talk to your MP and order your CAIPS notes.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
soldier123,

what's foss notes? i did send some more proofs in May thinking that might help. but it took longer i supposed. it did send show that thanks for sending additional requirements. i'm thinking of sending them new ones. my wife was supposed to be pregnant but there was no baby in it so i think that's a good proof for them. i'll get a doctor's note or something.