+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Switching from Inland to Outland Application

Ellstian

Dec 31, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
07-01-2020
Hi all. My US husband and I submitted our Inland application, received January 6, AOR Feb 29. We made the difficult decision for him to return to the US yesterday as there is very little movement on the work permits, and we are struggling financially. Does anyone have any experience with switching from an Inland to Outland application? I realise we need to withdraw our inland app, and then resubmit the outland app. I was just wondering if anyone had done the same, and what the process was like for them. Thanks and good luck to you all. Stay healthy!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all. My US husband and I submitted our Inland application, received January 6, AOR Feb 29. We made the difficult decision for him to return to the US yesterday as there is very little movement on the work permits, and we are struggling financially. Does anyone have any experience with switching from an Inland to Outland application? I realise we need to withdraw our inland app, and then resubmit the outland app. I was just wondering if anyone had done the same, and what the process was like for them. Thanks and good luck to you all. Stay healthy!
There is no switching. As you said, you have to withdraw the inland app and resubmit a new outland app. I'm not sure what you are asking in terms of the process. You submit the withdraw request, wait for confirmation it has been done and then re-apply outland.

Reactions: YVR123

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020

First of all, sorry to hear your husband had to leave.

Outland applications take less time so it is not a bad idea to go the Outland route instead. However, I’m not sure how this pandemic has affected the processing of Outland applications. Typically, it would actually be perfectly fine and probably even better to withdraw and apply Outland but times are different right now. Some processing centres have even closed.

Another option you might have might be to send a letter through web form explaining that your husband has had to leave for financial reasons. I think this could be considered an emergency? After all, your family has to eat right? Will your husband be back when he receives his OWP? If so, you can say that in the letter. Times are different right now especially with this whole Covid-19 situation. The pandemic has affected a lot of people financially.

I’ve heard of people apply inland and then leave the country for a little while due to personal emergencies. I think you can still keep the application inland if your husband will be back later.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Outland applications take less time so it is not a bad idea to go the Outland route instead. However, I’m not sure how this pandemic has affected the processing of Outland applications. Typically, it would actually be perfectly fine and probably even better to withdraw and apply Outland but times are different right now. Some processing centres have even closed.

Another option you might have might be to send a letter through web form explaining that your husband has had to leave for financial reasons. I think this could be considered an emergency? After all, your family has to eat right? Will your husband be back when he receives his OWP? If so, you can say that in the letter. Times are different right now especially with this whole Covid-19 situation. The pandemic has affected a lot of people financially.

I’ve heard of people apply inland and then leave the country for a little while due to personal emergencies. I think you can still keep the application inland if your husband will be back later.
The basic requirement of inland is that the couple cohabit together in Canada. If they notify IRCC of the departure, the app will likely be cancelled. There is no guarantee of any exceptions in this situation for COVID-19.

Ellstian

Dec 31, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
07-01-2020

Thank you so much for this explanation! I really appreciate it! Fingers crossed!

AshJ19

Sep 18, 2020
Hello @Ellstian

Could you please share your experience of changing your address during the EE process. My spouse is in Canada and she has to come to India - while our PR is in process.

Her TRV has expired, hence we (i am the secondary applicant) will have to wait for the PR to get through before heading back to Canada from India. Thank you!

Warm Regards,
AJ

AshJ19

Sep 18, 2020
Hello @Ellstian

Could you please share your experience of changing your address during the EE process. My spouse is in Canada and she has to come to India - while our PR is in process.

Her TRV has expired, hence we (i am the secondary applicant) will have to wait for the PR to get through before heading back to Canada from India. Thank you!

Warm Regards,
AJ
Hello @canuck_in_uk, we are n a very similar situation, we had applied in CEC-EE, Dec`19 AOR. My wife is in Canada and I am in India. We have been waiting for a year now to get together but still no clarity on when we can get the PR. So she is planning to come to India and change the address from Canada to India, and once we get the RFV (request for visa) we will plan to travel back - is this going to have any adverse implication on the PR application?

Thanks!

Warm Regards,
AJ

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello @canuck_in_uk, we are n a very similar situation, we had applied in CEC-EE, Dec`19 AOR. My wife is in Canada and I am in India. We have been waiting for a year now to get together but still no clarity on when we can get the PR. So she is planning to come to India and change the address from Canada to India, and once we get the RFV (request for visa) we will plan to travel back - is this going to have any adverse implication on the PR application?

Thanks!

Warm Regards,
AJ
You're posting in the wrong section of the forum. This section of the forum is for family class applications. The answers here will not apply to your situation since you've submitted an application under a completely different immigration stream.

You need to post to the CEC or FSW section of the forum.

AshJ19

Sep 18, 2020
You're posting in the wrong section of the forum. This section of the forum is for family class applications. The answers here will not apply to your situation since you've submitted an application under a completely different immigration stream.

You need to post to the CEC or FSW section of the forum.
Oops, thanks for the clarification!