+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SwitchHealth result delays

wego2canada

Dec 23, 2020
Anyone know what to do when the test results are delayed from switch health and the 14 days of quarantine have passed? It’s been a week since the at home kit was sent(day 10 kit), and there is no response from switch . Status shows processing for many days ...

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Anyone know what to do when the test results are delayed from switch health and the 14 days of quarantine have passed? It’s been a week since the at home kit was sent(day 10 kit), and there is no response from switch . Status shows processing for many days ...
My initial test result came in 2 days - yet to send the day10 test. Did you package delivered? Any status update online on sample received for your day10 test?

wego2canada

Dec 23, 2020
Same - my first result came in 2 days, and I assumed that would be the same turnaround.
For my 10’th , had to wait for more than an hour for the nurse to turn up. After that nose picking event, the purolator pickup slot was 3 days after, so I chose to get a friend to drop it off.... next day status went to processing specimen, and no response after that.

looking at SwitchHealth’s Twitter , looks like a lot of people have the same experience, so not sure what’s going on.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Same - my first result came in 2 days, and I assumed that would be the same turnaround.
For my 10’th , had to wait for more than an hour for the nurse to turn up. After that nose picking event, the purolator pickup slot was 3 days after, so I chose to get a friend to drop it off.... next day status went to processing specimen, and no response after that.

looking at SwitchHealth’s Twitter , looks like a lot of people have the same experience, so not sure what’s going on.
Looks like they are in hurry to find the incoming traveler to find out if the person has covid or not and later they take their own time for the second test as its not urgent.

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Switch health is taking time to give result.me and my son got 10th day test result in 2 days but my husband got his result in 7 days which was more than 14 days and we waited for negative result to finish our quarantine.try to contact them on Twitter, their helpline number.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Hari,

What are these results? were you not exempted this time .?
I was shifting my goods on 19th hence he did not allow me to get exemption.
For personal travel they ask to do 2 tests - one while entering border at customs, second on 10th day of quarantine.

Reactions: swan0206

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
@awaitforitb - I recently crossed a land border and did the Switch Health tests. The first test took about 7 days for them to process. It said "processing specimen" the entire time. Since I was not doing the hotel quarantine, it wasn't important that I received the first result quickly. I wonder if that factored into the delay. However, my second test was processed about 30 hours after it had reached the lab. This was great because I had the results before the 14 day quarantine is over.

Diana Montoya

Feb 11, 2021

Did your friend take the sample to the purulator? and she was received? If I send my sample with a friend, the processing time is shorter?

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Did your friend take the sample to the purulator? and she was received? If I send my sample with a friend, the processing time is shorter?
Hi Diana. The only option for sending the sample with a friend is for your friend to take the Purolator package and to place the package in a Purolator drop box. That will then be picked up by a Purolator delivery vehicle later on. Perhaps it could be faster if Purolator cannot pick up from your address in a timely manner, but if Purolator can pick up on the same day I'd wager it may not be any faster.

Diana Montoya

Feb 11, 2021
Hi Diana. The only option for sending the sample with a friend is for your friend to take the Purolator package and to place the package in a Purolator drop box. That will then be picked up by a Purolator delivery vehicle later on. Perhaps it could be faster if Purolator cannot pick up from your address in a timely manner, but if Purolator can pick up on the same day I'd wager it may not be any faster.
Today we take the sample from the 10th, but Purulator will not collect it until Tuesday, and I am concerned that this will take a long time to produce the result.

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Today we take the sample from the 10th, but Purulator will not collect it until Tuesday, and I am concerned that this will take a long time to produce the result.
So in your situation I'd imagine a drop box would be faster. Because then Purolator will essentially have picked up the sample by Monday night at the latest, and hopefully be delivering it to the lab on Tuesday. After I had completed my second test, I was presented a screen with the option of EITHER choosing a time for Purolator to pick up my sample, OR choosing a dropbox location.