+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Swapping of Primary Applicant in EE Profile and Medical Test Reports

Rashmi1690

Jun 23, 2016
Hi All,

My husband and I have created two EE profiles, one with my husband as the Primary Applicant (CRS Score 471 - received ITA on 4th Jan 2017) and the other with me as the Primary Applicant (CRS Score 451 - awaiting ITA).

After receiving the ITA, we got our medicals done on the 7th of Jan 2017. However, from the very beginning there has been some confusion and ambiguity in the CRS 471 profile because of the 'Two or more degrees' issue. Therefore, looking at the way the cut-off is falling, we are expecting an ITA for the 2nd profile (CRS Score 451) soon and are contemplating to go ahead with the 2nd profile instead of the 1st one.

Now here's my question:

Since we got our medicals done based on the CRS 471 profile (where my husband is the primary), the medical test acknowledgements mark my husband as the primary applicant and mark me as the dependant. Also, as per rules, medicals cannot be taken up again for a period of 1 year. So, in case we wish to proceed with the CRS 451 profile, the profile will mark me as the primary applicant but the medical acknowledgement would mark me as the dependant. Would this be of a major concern?

There is a 'note' in the medical acknowledgement that states that in case the applicant had not yet filed an application with IRCC while getting the medicals done, at the time of submitting the immigration application with IRCC, the applicant only needs to mention the 'UMI code' mentioned on the top of the medical test acknowledgement and upload a scanned copy of the acknowledgement in the EE profile.

So, if we go ahead with the CRS 451 profile, where the EE profile and medical test acknowledgements would have mismatch in the primary applicant, and we just mention the correct UMI code for the primary as well as the dependant, would it work fine or would it create any problems?

Could someone please help us out with this?

Canada4us

Jan 14, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2017
Doc's Request.
upfront
Nomination.....
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
07-01-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Rashmi1690 said:
Hi All,

My husband and I have created two EE profiles, one with my husband as the Primary Applicant (CRS Score 471 - received ITA on 4th Jan 2017) and the other with me as the Primary Applicant (CRS Score 451 - awaiting ITA).

After receiving the ITA, we got our medicals done on the 7th of Jan 2017. However, from the very beginning there has been some confusion and ambiguity in the CRS 471 profile because of the 'Two or more degrees' issue. Therefore, looking at the way the cut-off is falling, we are expecting an ITA for the 2nd profile (CRS Score 451) soon and are contemplating to go ahead with the 2nd profile instead of the 1st one.

Now here's my question:

Since we got our medicals done based on the CRS 471 profile (where my husband is the primary), the medical test acknowledgements mark my husband as the primary applicant and mark me as the dependant. Also, as per rules, medicals cannot be taken up again for a period of 1 year. So, in case we wish to proceed with the CRS 451 profile, the profile will mark me as the primary applicant but the medical acknowledgement would mark me as the dependant. Would this be of a major concern?

There is a 'note' in the medical acknowledgement that states that in case the applicant had not yet filed an application with IRCC while getting the medicals done, at the time of submitting the immigration application with IRCC, the applicant only needs to mention the 'UMI code' mentioned on the top of the medical test acknowledgement and upload a scanned copy of the acknowledgement in the EE profile.

So, if we go ahead with the CRS 451 profile, where the EE profile and medical test acknowledgements would have mismatch in the primary applicant, and we just mention the correct UMI code for the primary as well as the dependant, would it work fine or would it create any problems?

Hi where does it mention 'primary' or 'secondary' applicant on the medical system? medical tests, at least in my case, are independent of each other...and i think , so is the case of everyone else.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Rashmi1690 said:
Hi All,

Now here's my question:

In my opinion, it doesn't matter. My husband is my dependent, and he used the same medical report to get his tourist visa.

Rashmi1690

Jun 23, 2016
Canada4us said:
Hi where does it mention 'primary' or 'secondary' applicant on the medical system? medical tests, at least in my case, are independent of each other...and i think , so is the case of everyone else.
Hi,

The medical test acknowledgement does not mention 'primary applicant' or 'dependent', but mentions the following under the 'Client Visa Details' section:

For my husband (primary applicant in CRS 471 profile)
IME: Non-EDE ---- Would anyone know what EDE means?
Upfront medical type: Worker

For me (dependant in CRS 471 profile)
IME: EDE
Upfront medical type: Family - EDE

When we enquired with the medical centre staff about what these details meant, they explained that for Express Entry applicants, the acknowledgement marks the primary applicant under the 'worker type' and the dependant under the 'Family-EDE' type. Thus the confusion regarding using the same medical reports for the CRS 451 profile.

Also, does the medical examination centre upload the medical test reports with IRCC with respect to the EE Profile Number or they just upload it with the UMI no. or unique identifier of the medical report and the EE applicant has to ensure to mention the correct UMI no. or unique identifier in his EE profile, so that IRCC knows which medical report to refer to for the applicant??

Please advise.

Rashmi1690

Jun 23, 2016
Tocanadawego said:
In my opinion, it doesn't matter. My husband is my dependent, and he used the same medical report to get his tourist visa.
Thanks ToCanadaWeGo. That helped! :) Then probably we should be able to use the same medicals for the 2nd profile as well.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Rashmi1690 said:
Thanks ToCanadaWeGo. That helped! :) Then probably we should be able to use the same medicals for the 2nd profile as well.
Yeah i don't think it should be a big deal. They don't associate medicals with the EE number, only UMI.