+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUV Statistics

jdutta

Jul 1, 2020
Hi there!

I have been trying for the past several days to dig up real statistics around the SUV program - however, real numbers are hard to come by (or probably I haven't looked the right places). Some immigration lawyer websites/blogs etc. have some stats here and there but I couldn't find anything on the Open Government datasets as well (https://open.canada.ca/en)

My questions are around:
1. How many PR's have been granted from 2013 till date for this class of applications.
2. Has there been any rejections and if yes what potential reason was given?

Thank you!

Reactions: Pandabhai

teejax

Aug 2, 2019
Oh, I just noticed that.

Anyway, Migration Policy Institute is a reliable organisation so there must be a reason for that.

TucoR

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Anyway. IMO, SUV is trash. I've seen startups approved last year, well, nothing special, just b2b, no b2c. Just trivial software, ml. No innovative ideas. How they would survive the covid is a good question either.

I've already applied, but honestly, I think Canada is not a good country for startups. High taxes, expensive workforce, poor oil/gas economy.
Nothing personal, just my opinion.

Last edited:

Peter Tran

Jul 6, 2020
Or perhaps multiple applicants?

I am hearing so many stories on IRCC's twitter account that are tagging #prioritizefamilysponsorship Don't want to be in a situation where the family doesn't get the visa's to travel with me.
Yeah, multiple applicants and applicants' relatives are both likely. I remember that I have read some stat reports on Canada Gov. website abt the number 600+ but just can't find them now for you.

TucoR

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
2. Has there been any rejections and if yes what potential reason was given?
Except for fake letters (have no idea if they are counted), I heard from lawyers, that peer review may reject because your business is not suitable for Canada. Some incubators do not care, so they just issue the letters in case a % will be accepted.

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Humble advice, don't worry about statistics and just concentrate on running your startup and sending a complete application. When we all start off with the SUV process we all go through this phase of trying to find the odds of getting the SUV. It's quite understandable, as it's a long drawn process that can take 2 years to materialize. But I will advice, don't worry about statistics, just concentrate on your startup and make sure your application in complete. If it's a legitimate startup it will most likely be approved, if it's just something cooked up for immigration purposes only then it will most likely be rejected. Timing nobody has a control over that, I have heard some ppl who got the SUV PR in 4 months and some who are still waiting for 24 months. So there is no right answer and statistics won't do much as the dataset is so small to make any statistical analysis.