+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUV program details

SSP13

Oct 29, 2020
Hello friends,
Am looking for information regarding the SUV program and would really appreciate if those of you who have already started the process can share their experience with this program.
I have done some research regarding the process but would like to clarify certain things -

01. Has anybody managed to get an LOS from a designated organisation on their own or through a lawyer.
02. Apart from the 75K that the DO has to invest; has anybody been asked to invest additional funds in the business
03. Was there a requirement to go through the peer review process and what sort of information/ questions are asked.
04. Has PR been denied even after getting the LOS and what were the reasons.
05. The requirement if any from the DO to stay invested in the business in terms of both time and money.Understand that it is acceptable for the business to fail, but exactly at what point and who decides (the DO or the partners) that the business is not worth pursuing.
Would appreciate any input regarding above points and in fact anything that might be useful.

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from the experts.

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hello friends,
Am looking for information regarding the SUV program and would really appreciate if those of you who have already started the process can share their experience with this program.
I have done some research regarding the process but would like to clarify certain things -

01. Has anybody managed to get an LOS from a designated organisation on their own or through a lawyer.
02. Apart from the 75K that the DO has to invest; has anybody been asked to invest additional funds in the business
03. Was there a requirement to go through the peer review process and what sort of information/ questions are asked.
04. Has PR been denied even after getting the LOS and what were the reasons.
05. The requirement if any from the DO to stay invested in the business in terms of both time and money.Understand that it is acceptable for the business to fail, but exactly at what point and who decides (the DO or the partners) that the business is not worth pursuing.
Would appreciate any input regarding above points and in fact anything that might be useful.

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from the experts.
1) If you have a genuine startup, you won't need lawyers or consultants to help get the LOS. Having said that, it's a long process that can take anywhere from 3-12 months to get LOS.
2) If it's your startup then probably you have already invested some money and will continue to invest in the future or have revenue coming. How else do you propose your business to succeed? If you have a specific deal with the DO, that has to be honored; it will be very individual case-by-case.
3) Peer review is not in your control and is specific to each case.
4) Of course anybody's PR can be denied despite LOS. It's too generic question, I don't think anybody can give you meaningful stats on that.
5) It's a question for your DO to answer, not something anyone on the forum can answer.

I will suggest you go over the Startup Visa guidelines by IRCC, that will answer most of your questions. Once you have a LOS and are in the process of applying, then you can expect plenty of support from this forum and it's members to help you navigate the application process and answer any ambiguities.

SSP13

Oct 29, 2020
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time and effort to reply to my multiple queries; much appreciated
Imo the guidelines explain the process and represent an 'ideal' scenario and then one is faced with multiple situations when starting the actual process.
As with everything, loopholes and workarounds are generally found to circumvent and bend the rules and prospective clients who approach lawyers and/or consultants for any number of reasons (uncertainty/fomo/perceived legal hurdles etc) are promised the moon.
There is a lot of information on this forum but even more questions which are unanswered ; perhaps because they are too specific like the ones I have asked.

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Like I said before, if you have a legitimate startup and have patience then you need not worry about consultants/lawyers and loopholes. There is no ideal scenario and there is no gurantees irrespective if you go to lawyers or consultants. So don't try to circumvent or bend rules, it's not worth it. If your intent is just immigration and some lawyer or consultant is trying to sell you this idea of Startup Visa, then most likely you will be out of lot of money and still not get the Startup Visa.

If you are a legitimate startup, just go through the IRCC link and read all the posts on this forum and you will have more than enough information to get LOS. Once you reach that stage, feel free to post more specific questions. I know lack of information can be challenging, but there is not enough applications and data points to answer your current queries. As the number of successful applicants is soo small that statistically it doesn't offer any insights and you can't infer anything from it. So don't worry about what has happened with past applicants, just concentrate on your applications.

Rest other more experienced forum member can chime in.

Reactions: SSP13