+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUV PR - Not a Priority for IRCC

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Like most SUV applicants, we have been patiently waiting for updates on our SUV PR file. I have found out that all SUV applications have been put on a hold indefinetly and processing SUV is not a priority for IRCC as of now. So just to clarify, it does NOT mean that the SUV program is ending, it just means right now there are other more important PR applicants and till the time they get processed, SUV applicant files will not be opened also.

The current timeline is quite ridiculous, based on the statistics most startups would have wrapped-up by the time their file comes up for review. So I am curious if anyone else has been successful in getting any reply from IRCC WebForm or through their Incubator/Angel/VC? Lot of us are paying the incubator fees without any material return, so this is clearly a loss making proposition with zero visibility on timeline.

One would think that SUV and other Economic Immigration programs should be priortized as they have potential for job creation. To give some context, one of the early SUV startup has raised over $400 Million in funding and is valued at $3.5 Billion and considered one of the most successful startups from Canada. Needless to say it has a huge impact on the number of jobs created and overall economic impact.

I am curious to hear any ideas on how we can collectively petition so IRCC starts processing SUV files. Even with the most aggresive numbers there can't be more than 300-400 pending SUV PR files. So it's not a huge number, so it's not resource intensive to start processing them.

Would love to hear other SUV applicants thoughts and ideas on what can be done to get IRCC to consider processing SUV files.

StrangerSUV

Oct 27, 2019
I wonder if a startup could exist in 32 months.
It is really ridiculous when everything in Ca comes back to nomal for days. And in post-Covid times, SUV plans would be useful and realistic for life and work, it would have been priority like CEC.

Reactions: Startup_Visa

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Hello friends,
I totally agree with you. As SUV isn't a matter for IRCC we should have decided to take an action. Due to new extension of processing time to 32 months, our lifes in origin country has became half and half, and it's not a good sign for all of us.
I suggest to make a petition for SUV prioritization, also make a unique hashtag to use in social medias to draw their attention.

Reactions: Startup_Visa

BiancaVu

May 6, 2021
What's odd is that pending SUV applications have a 32 months timeline while new applications show processing times of 12-16 months.
Hello,
Could gou please share a link about 32 months timeline ?
I will recheck with the immigration lawyer, she confirmed 18 months from application date.

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
Hello,
Could gou please share a link about 32 months timeline ?
I will recheck with the immigration lawyer, she confirmed 18 months from application date.
Go to: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Select: Economic Migration --> Startup Visa --> I have already applied: Processing time: 32 months

While on the other hand if you select I have NOT already applied:

Select: Economic Migration --> Startup Visa --> I have NOT already applied: Processing time: 12-16 months

Reactions: Rakap and BiancaVu

M.jal

Nov 2, 2018
Salam.i a
Hello guys, I am in the same boat.
I am an SUV applicant from Iran and have access to lots of SUV applicants here. If you decide to make any moves or petitions, please let me know as I can help.
salam.i aplied for the same way from Iran.i d like to join a group if you know or be in contact to share info.bedrood

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Like most SUV applicants, we have been patiently waiting for updates on our SUV PR file. I have found out that all SUV applications have been put on a hold indefinetly and processing SUV is not a priority for IRCC as of now. So just to clarify, it does NOT mean that the SUV program is ending, it just means right now there are other more important PR applicants and till the time they get processed, SUV applicant files will not be opened also.

The current timeline is quite ridiculous, based on the statistics most startups would have wrapped-up by the time their file comes up for review. So I am curious if anyone else has been successful in getting any reply from IRCC WebForm or through their Incubator/Angel/VC? Lot of us are paying the incubator fees without any material return, so this is clearly a loss making proposition with zero visibility on timeline.

One would think that SUV and other Economic Immigration programs should be priortized as they have potential for job creation. To give some context, one of the early SUV startup has raised over $400 Million in funding and is valued at $3.5 Billion and considered one of the most successful startups from Canada. Needless to say it has a huge impact on the number of jobs created and overall economic impact.

I am curious to hear any ideas on how we can collectively petition so IRCC starts processing SUV files. Even with the most aggresive numbers there can't be more than 300-400 pending SUV PR files. So it's not a huge number, so it's not resource intensive to start processing them.

Would love to hear other SUV applicants thoughts and ideas on what can be done to get IRCC to consider processing SUV files.

david324

Oct 15, 2021
I just wonder why 12-16 months are applied to new who have not applied. Maybe IRCC still want to attract new comers but in fact don’t have commitment. Your views pls.

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
I just wonder why 12-16 months are applied to new who have not applied. Maybe IRCC still want to attract new comers but in fact don’t have commitment. Your views pls.
This has been answered before. Already applied have lost the time due to Covid. So from the time of AOR it's 12-16 months for everyone.