+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

suspicious email confirmation

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

Jeffy7

May 2, 2020
Okay, I received an email that "message about my application is waiting". I got a PDF with the below information,
"
SAMSON, Jefferson
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees
and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a
permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you
are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of
Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that
meets our photo specifications to the address listed above.
Please ensure that you write your
unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has
changed, please provide us with your current address.
.... "

My question is when they say "Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand" do they mean the email to be printed and send it to them with the photo or should I be receiving some other document.

Can someone please clarify.

thank you!

ToriBMac

Sep 15, 2019
Okay, I received an email that "message about my application is waiting". I got a PDF with the below information,
"
SAMSON, Jefferson
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees
and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a
permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of
Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that
unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has
.... "

My question is when they say "Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand" do they mean the email to be printed and send it to them with the photo or should I be receiving some other document.

thank you!
Yes they do mean the PDF

Raghad

Aug 30, 2018
"
SAMSON, Jefferson
.... "

thank you!

yes this email is the COPR Igot this confirmed by someone from CIC. Congratulations