+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suspended from university and Study Permit expired. Any hope of returning for studies? Need help - d

Faaris

Aug 13, 2019
Hello there,
here's my situation:

- 3rd year University student suspended for horrible grades (commenced on May 1st).

- CIC mentioned that I can stay until end of July (until my permit expires), but I can't work and support myself since summer won't be considered a scheduled break in my case. So I left the country a week after start of suspension.

- For chances of returning as a student, CIC mentioned that I would have to show a new acceptance offer to apply for a new study permit.

- My University mentioned that I can enrol for next summer once suspension is served, with the option of starting afresh (keeping a year of passed courses along) . I intend to go for this.

- Other details: I've been a student since Fall 2014 and have studied in two institutes (1st year in the first institute, and the rest in my current one).

With the above mentioned details,
would there be any possible way for me to return and continue my program?
I've checked the option of changing institutes, but I'm not permitted by my University to transfer credits during suspension. And even off suspension, my GPA would be too low for admissions to other institutes, unless I don't use my current university transcripts (which means losing 2 years of courses worked on).

Please let me know if there is any way to resume my studies, would I have to show some letter of explanation regarding my poor performance / show any improvements in studies during suspension?

Would really love some hope, please input as much info. as you can.

Thank you,
Faaris

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello there,
here's my situation:

- 3rd year University student suspended for horrible grades (commenced on May 1st).

- CIC mentioned that I can stay until end of July (until my permit expires), but I can't work and support myself since summer won't be considered a scheduled break in my case. So I left the country a week after start of suspension.

- For chances of returning as a student, CIC mentioned that I would have to show a new acceptance offer to apply for a new study permit.

- My University mentioned that I can enrol for next summer once suspension is served, with the option of starting afresh (keeping a year of passed courses along) . I intend to go for this.

- Other details: I've been a student since Fall 2014 and have studied in two institutes (1st year in the first institute, and the rest in my current one).

I've checked the option of changing institutes, but I'm not permitted by my University to transfer credits during suspension. And even off suspension, my GPA would be too low for admissions to other institutes, unless I don't use my current university transcripts (which means losing 2 years of courses worked on).

Please let me know if there is any way to resume my studies, would I have to show some letter of explanation regarding my poor performance / show any improvements in studies during suspension?

Thank you,
Faaris
1. You can re-apply to for a new study permit, once you have an acceptance. I wouldn't hold my breath that one will be issued, since in the 5 years that you have been studying in Canada, you haven't completed 3 years. IRCC is going to think that you aren't serious about studying.

Ohboii

Jan 16, 2019
Hello there,
here's my situation:

Thank you
Faaris
hey Faarisi
Are you trying to ask if there is any hope of you returning to Canada in 2019?i dont think so
I agree that you should go with your intention of trying to return in 2020
time goes fast so find a job in your country in the mean time and save so you can concentrate on your studies if CIC gives you a 2nd chance to come back

But how did CIC know you had terrible grades and was suspended?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hey Faarisi
Are you trying to ask if there is any hope of you returning to Canada in 2019?i dont think so
I agree that you should go with your intention of trying to return in 2020
time goes fast so find a job in your country in the mean time and save so you can concentrate on your studies if CIC gives you a 2nd chance to come back

But how did CIC know you had terrible grades and was suspended?
1. The school probably reported him to IRCC