+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Survival jobs for new immigrants

Chrisferrari

Oct 18, 2018
Good day all , my name is Chris . am applying for the Canadian express entry program for PR in Alberta .from news I got from a social chat forum , that its hard to get a job very fast as a skilled immigrant . the reasons being that Canada does not recognize the degrees of other nations , except that gotten in Canada . so one has to first get a Canadian experience with survival jobs .
However, the survival jobs I see online also requires some years experience for example 1-2 yes for a construction or warehouse labourer .so how can a new immigrant get this jobs knowing they don't even have the years experience the employer is even requesting for . please can any one help me with a solution to this ?
Am confusedhere as am about to take a decision of my life by moving to Canada ( Alberta ) .

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Factory jobs, driving for Uber, store attendant and other retail jobs do not require years of experience. That being said, try first to get an entry level job in your field of interest. For instance if you used to be accounting manager look for a an AP/AR or accounting clerk job. This would be more helpful going forward as you would have related experience in Canada.