+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Survey On Visa Rejection

nadarajen

Mar 15, 2016
Dear International Student ,

I would like to make an survey how many international student has been rejected by cic ?
From January To May Till now
What's the reason for the rejection comment below ?

Thank you

sran_wick

Mar 24, 2016
I have been refused study visa applied through SPP category.

I was accepted for post-graduate diploma in accounting at Selkirk College for September 2016 intake.

My profile is
BSc with Honours in Mathematics and Statistics from Kingston University London,
MSc in Medical Statistics from the University of Leicester
and IELTS score of overall 7 band with not less than 6.

I applied on May 2, 2016 and got refusal through courier on May 14, 2016.
Reasons they stated are
  • purpose of visit
  • personal assets and financial status
  • proposed program is not reasonable in light of past studies, academic scores and language abilities.

MCBIN

Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2016 / Re-applied September 19, 2016
Med's Request
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
May 17, 2016 / Medical'S Passed - May 26, 2016 \ Refused - June 28, 2016 Medical's Passed - September 30, 2016
sran_wick said:

I was accepted for post-graduate diploma in accounting at Selkirk College for September 2016 intake.

My profile is

Reasons they stated are
  • purpose of visit
  • proposed program is not reasonable in light of past studies, academic scores and language abilities.
Where you from? Did CIC refused your application without requesting for your medical? Or have you done you medical?

Affu

Apr 21, 2016
Hi I applied on 23rd march for ESL student visa from Hyderabad India on 29th April refused reason
Purpose of study
I reapplied on 6th may

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

sran_wick said:

My profile is

Reasons they stated are
  • purpose of visit

Hope you understand the reason behind your refusal. A simple PGD in accounting after MSc and BSc in Statistic make no sense.

sran_wick

Mar 24, 2016
But the course requirement for PGD in accounting is that one must have studied Maths at graduate level. I do not understand what you mean by simple. Are there any complex courses too?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

sran_wick said:
But the course requirement for PGD in accounting is that one must have studied Maths at graduate level. I do not understand what you mean by simple. Are there any complex courses too?

1. What's the connection between a Statistic at a Master level and an accounting diploma?
2. Does it make a progression in studies if you (already a Master degree holder) applying for a diploma?

sran_wick

Mar 24, 2016
MCBIN said:
Where you from? Did CIC refused your application without requesting for your medical? Or have you done you medical?
I am from India. Here, we first do medical and then a week later submit our visa application.

sran_wick

Mar 24, 2016
J5M said:
Hi,

1. What's the connection between a Statistic at a Master level and an accounting diploma?
2. Does it make a progression in studies if you (already a Master degree holder) applying for a diploma?
I was accepted because of my Mathematics at undergraduate level which meets the program pre-requirements. Most of the courses offered do have such requirements which establish whether a person is able to cope with program. So, it should be college who should identify whether I am eligible to take up course and not the embassy. If its really the work of embassy then procedure should be slightly different like first submitting your course application to the embassy and then college and subsequently the visa approval. I really did not understand why this course is offered at postgraduate level to international students specifically with Mathematics and Statistics background. A simple answer would be so that they are have the caliber to venture into the field otherwise what is the point of recruitment.
Talking of Statistics, If I wish to pursue further studies I would do PhD and not accounts. Within the profession if one opt out to branch into specialized sector like tax, advisory and auditing the knowledge of accounting is mandatory. I believe one could change profession if wish to do so.
Pursuing this course is not the progression in the same field pursued at Masters level but definitely the learning of different aspect of the field studied at Bachelors level which is widely called Mathematics.
All in all, there are more chances of rejection for visa through SPP with reasons best known to them.

funmilolatemi

Apr 5, 2016
Hello,

I think J5M is only reason like the officer and trying to show you the reason for your rejection. You should make progress and not moving backward. It would have been better if you have decided to go for diploma course after your undergraduate program and not after your Master program. I think you should be thinking about your PHD and not not diverting to another line.