AOR Received.
17-11-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2010
Is it generally prudent to send supporting application materials as they become available to your outbound visa office once your ap is "IN PROCESS" or does this just slow down the application process?

For example, I wrote an email to the visa office if they require an FBI record and they responded that only if you already have a file number and have been asked for it...I went and sent for one anyway, and it should arrive at my house shortly. Should I go ahead and send it in to support my ap? (I have lived in the US for a long period, but as a Polish applicant the application didn't ask for it),...

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
They usualy ask for a FBI clearance and a police clearance if you lived in any country beside your original country for more than 6 month. Sending extra document may slow a little bit the process, because they need to include the new document into your application, but they might be useful, specialy if your application doesn't contain much proff, being little late better than having an interview because your proof didn't convince them.
good luck

Juche

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2009
AOR Received.
17-11-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2010
rorita_76 said:
being little late better than having an interview because your proof didn't convince them.
good luck
other than the obvious fact that it probably holds up the application process, what is the big deal with the interview? It's probably not anything to stress over that much, you just tell them your story....do they waterboard you or what?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your interview depends on what they think of you... I passed without an interview, but my friend had one, and they pulled out most of his fingernails and shot his son.

Nah, don't worry. The reason the interview is feared is that the instructions for the visa officers say that they should avoid having an interview whenever possible, and only request an interview if there is doubt about the authenticity of the relationship. So if you get called for an interview that means you are already "red flagged" and you are coming there because they are considering your relationship suspect and do not believe it is real.

Obviously this is not the best of situations, but the interview is there as your tool to convince them of your relationship's authenticity, so if people just viewed it that way they'd probably feel better.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Juche, I am not trying to make you feel bad or scared, but from my own experience, I learned a lot in the hard way, and from passing 10 to 12 hours DAILY on this forum for 9 month. The interview isn't a monster, but it mean that their is a red flag in you application, They do their best not to have a interview, because they have million of application and they don't have time, so when an interview is required, that mean there is a red flag. This is why everyone try their best to provide as much as they can evidence and proof to have a quick and no interview process.
It is up to you to decide to send more proof, FBI clearance ...or not, and since you are here asking for advice, that means you need more info than the info you already have....anyway, good luck

kelemense

Nov 5, 2009
I just got a call from my wife that the application for her to sponsor me has been approved and the files will be sent to the visa offce in my country.
i want to know what next? will they with the background checks and other there?
Again i did not indicate thet i applied for UK student visa 3yrs back and was denied.Will they call me for interview to defend that? Do i send a such information to them or should i wait for them to ask?
I need help

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
as it was said before, they ask for the interview only if they are not sure about the relationship or have some red flags in application.

to avoid interview in our case we sent them an additional set of proof of our relationship and our application was recommended for interview waver.
so it helped us a lot!

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, you don't really know if they would have waived the interview anyway. They waived my interview, and judging from what I've read here, I think we had the least evidence of anyone on this forum. :)

Suin said:
to avoid interview in our case we sent them an additional set of proof of our relationship and our application was recommended for interview waver.
so it helped us a lot!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Karlshammar said:
Well, you don't really know if they would have waived the interview anyway. They waived my interview, and judging from what I've read here, I think we had the least evidence of anyone on this forum. :)
our visa office has minimum 90% of interview cases - we were just lucky to have interview waved, as living in Canada we wouldn't like to be away from each other even for a day. good news about interview waved we read from CAIPS.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Vienna who now? No, it's not Vienna, most applicants applying through there don't need an interview :)

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought I read in another thread that Suin is applying through Vienna.

mitamata said:
Vienna who now? No, it's not Vienna, most applicants applying through there don't need an interview :)