-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Hi All,

I had a quick question and seeking advice from anyone who has followed this route. My landing papers and COPR are unfortunately lost, one can still submit the citizenship application with an accompanying letter explaining the situation as to why a landing paper copy is not provided. Has anyone do this? If so can one let me know what contents or how I should draft this accompanying letter please.

gtareddy

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samreentariq said:
Hi All,

I had a quick question and seeking advice from anyone who has followed this route. My landing papers and COPR are unfortunately lost, one can still submit the citizenship application with an accompanying letter explaining the situation as to why a landing paper copy is not provided. Has anyone do this? If so can one let me know what contents or how I should draft this accompanying letter please.
Hi Samreentariq,
I was in the same boat and sent the below letter. They accepted my appl.

To,
The Citizenship and Immigration Officer,
Case Processing Centre,
Sydney, Canada.

Sub: Confirmation of Permanent Residence document is no longer in my possession.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am xxxxxx, Permanent Resident of Canada since xxxxxx. I lost my Confirmation of Permanent Residence document while travelling in my native country. As the document is no longer in my possession, kindly request you to consider my Permanent Resident card copy as the Immigration document that prove my status as a permanent resident (landed immigrant) of Canada. If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime on my cell: +1 xxxx (or) office +1 xxx (or) email: xxxxx@gmail.com. Thank you.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Thanks a lot gtareddy.

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gtareddy said:
Hi Samreentariq,
I was in the same boat and sent the below letter. They accepted my appl.

To,
The Citizenship and Immigration Officer,
Case Processing Centre,
Sydney, Canada.

Sub: Confirmation of Permanent Residence document is no longer in my possession.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am xxxxxx, Permanent Resident of Canada since xxxxxx. I lost my Confirmation of Permanent Residence document while travelling in my native country. As the document is no longer in my possession, kindly request you to consider my Permanent Resident card copy as the Immigration document that prove my status as a permanent resident (landed immigrant) of Canada. If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime on my cell: +1 xxxx (or) office +1 xxx (or) email: xxxxx @ gmail.com. Thank you.
I think you need it during the interview or oath. If you lost it you can order a copy for $30. If you don't receive it by interview/oath, you can show the $30 receipt and explain.