+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting documents

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Hi All,

Just thought of posting a thread about supporting documents I submitted for sponsoring my wife. Hope it will help someone in this forum.

My wife is in India and she is the only applicant (no dependents)

Supporting documents – Sponsor

1. Photocopy of PR Card

2. Employment verification:

a. Original letter from employer

b. Latest Notice of assessment from CRA

Supporting documents – Principal applicant

1. Copy of passport

2. Birth Certificate, Baptism certificate, SSLC certificate and Aadhar card (Government issued ID card)

3. Copy of national identity card – Aadhar card

4. Copy of marriage certificate

5. Two recent photos – I enclosed them in an envelope ( I have written the title on the envelope)

6. Twenty Photos of wedding ceremony and outings – I enclosed them in an envelope (I have written the title on the envelope)

7. Copies of national identity document (Aadhar card) for sponsor and principal applicant showing same address

8. Documentary proof for funds transferred from sponsor to principal applicant (for showing financial support)

a. Receipt from Remitly Canada

9. Proof that our relationship is acknowledged by friends and family

a. Screenshot of Facebook relationship status change of sponsor showing that he married principal applicant

b. Screenshot of Facebook home page of sponsor showing photos of sponsor and principal applicant

c. Screenshot of Facebook post by Mr. XXXXX, who is a close friend of sponsor

d. Screenshot of Facebook post by Miss. XXXXX who is a close friend of principal applicant

e. Original invitation card for engagement function

f. Original invitation letter for wedding function

10. Screenshots of WhatsApp chats between sponsor and PA. These screenshots are taken from sponsor’s mobile phone.

11. Proof of sponsors visit

a. Boarding passes and electronic tickets for flights to India and return to Canada

b. Photocopies of passport showing exit entry stamps to India for the above mentioned travels

12. Details of honeymoon trip

a. Reservations made for honeymoon trips

b. Bus tickets for our honeymoon trip

And one thing regarding birth certificate of PA. She was born abroad and the birth certificate was issued by the Indian embassy over there. I have seen lot of questions in this forum about the validity of birth certificates issued by foreign embassies. But there is nothing to worry about it, at least its proved in my case.

Good luck every one :)

Reactions: Forte

sunron

May 2, 2017
Thank for posting this detail list. I just need a small clarification. For boarding passes did you submit the original or scanned copy. I am going to be submitting boarding pass, movie tickets, other receipts so not sure if I should give original documents or scanned. Thanks for your response.

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
Thank for posting this detail list. I just need a small clarification. For boarding passes did you submit the original or scanned copy. I am going to be submitting boarding pass, movie tickets, other receipts so not sure if I should give original documents or scanned. Thanks for your response.
I know I sent copies of the boarding passes. Just in case anything happened I had them to make more copies to send to again. Hasn't been a problem yet.

prashant.

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/05/2014
Nomination.....
Got PER on 24th September
AOR Received.
hope so .. jsk
IELTS Request
Med's Request
18/11/2014
Med's Done....
27/11/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4/3/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting ... jsk
Thanks very much for posting the information.

can you please confirm if the honeymoon details are necessary to show ?
I am going to india to get married but due to lack of vacation days, I am not planning the honeymoon after wedding.

is it going to be an issue if I do not post honeymoon details ?

please let me know. A reply would be appreciated. :)

thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Just thought of posting a thread about supporting documents I submitted for sponsoring my wife. Hope it will help someone in this forum.

My wife is in India and she is the only applicant (no dependents)

Supporting documents – Sponsor

1. Photocopy of PR Card

2. Employment verification:

a. Original letter from employer

b. Latest Notice of assessment from CRA

Supporting documents – Principal applicant

1. Copy of passport

2. Birth Certificate, Baptism certificate, SSLC certificate and Aadhar card (Government issued ID card)

3. Copy of national identity card – Aadhar card

4. Copy of marriage certificate

5. Two recent photos – I enclosed them in an envelope ( I have written the title on the envelope)

6. Twenty Photos of wedding ceremony and outings – I enclosed them in an envelope (I have written the title on the envelope)

7. Copies of national identity document (Aadhar card) for sponsor and principal applicant showing same address

8. Documentary proof for funds transferred from sponsor to principal applicant (for showing financial support)

a. Receipt from Remitly Canada

9. Proof that our relationship is acknowledged by friends and family

a. Screenshot of Facebook relationship status change of sponsor showing that he married principal applicant

b. Screenshot of Facebook home page of sponsor showing photos of sponsor and principal applicant

c. Screenshot of Facebook post by Mr. XXXXX, who is a close friend of sponsor

d. Screenshot of Facebook post by Miss. XXXXX who is a close friend of principal applicant

e. Original invitation card for engagement function

f. Original invitation letter for wedding function

10. Screenshots of WhatsApp chats between sponsor and PA. These screenshots are taken from sponsor’s mobile phone.

11. Proof of sponsors visit

a. Boarding passes and electronic tickets for flights to India and return to Canada

b. Photocopies of passport showing exit entry stamps to India for the above mentioned travels

12. Details of honeymoon trip

a. Reservations made for honeymoon trips

b. Bus tickets for our honeymoon trip

And one thing regarding birth certificate of PA. She was born abroad and the birth certificate was issued by the Indian embassy over there. I have seen lot of questions in this forum about the validity of birth certificates issued by foreign embassies. But there is nothing to worry about it, at least its proved in my case.

Good luck every one :)

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018

I am going to india to get married but due to lack of vacation days, I am not planning the honeymoon after wedding.

thanks in advance.

Follow the checklist. Provide what is asked for, explain anything they ask for and you can't provide. If they require more evidence/info they will contact you during processing.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015

thanks in advance.
Photos of outing will make application stronger. I’m not sure what they are asking for in new checklist. But if I remember correctly, I think they mentioned about photos of outing too in the old version of checklist.