Med's Done....
6-16-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2017
I have applied for my PR under spousal sponsorship. During the time of my application, I had planned accordingly to obtain both FBI Clearance & also PCC from Indian Consulate and submitted the same with my package to CIC.

Now, I've received a correspondence from CIC asking me to upload both FBI Clearance and Police Certificate (PCC) to my application online.

This is not a problem since I already have my documents ready.

My issue is that while I am trying to upload documents on the website, the upload page is asking to enter following information -

1. Document Name
2. Document Number
3. Country of Issue
4. Issue Date DD/MM/YYYY
5. Expiry Date DD/MM/YYYY

My problem is that for both the documents (FBI & PCC) there is no Document Number and no Expiry Dates listed. So while I am entering the data I am unable to move to next screen with these fields left blank.

Can someone please help me how to resolve this issue?

Thanks a lot.

caracas123

May 29, 2017
An officer asked me to provide a document in my account, but I’m missing information. What do I do?
Before you upload the document the officer asked you for, you need to enter information about it. In some cases, the document won’t have all the information that you need to enter.

In this case:

• check your document carefully to make sure you haven’t missed anything
  • enter any of the information you have
  • fill out the missing fields as follows:
    • for the “Document Number,” enter “000000”
    • for the “Expiry Date,” select a date that’s one year later than the date of issue
If you’re asking for an extension to get a Police Certificate for your eTA application:

• for the “Document name,” enter “Request for an extension”
  • for the “Country of issue,” choose your country of citizenship from the drop-down menu

Reactions: aralizadegan

cvask

Feb 3, 2017
Dallas, TX
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
6-16-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2017
An officer asked me to provide a document in my account, but I’m missing information. What do I do?
Before you upload the document the officer asked you for, you need to enter information about it. In some cases, the document won’t have all the information that you need to enter.

In this case:

• check your document carefully to make sure you haven’t missed anything
  • enter any of the information you have
  • fill out the missing fields as follows:
    • for the “Document Number,” enter “000000”
    • for the “Expiry Date,” select a date that’s one year later than the date of issue
If you’re asking for an extension to get a Police Certificate for your eTA application:

• for the “Document name,” enter “Request for an extension”
  • for the “Country of issue,” choose your country of citizenship from the drop-down menu
Thanks a lot for your response.

I do have both the documents ready to upload. My problem was those document do not have any document numbers or expiry dates.

I am going to follow your advice for the document number by entering 000000

However, for the expiry date, I was thinking to use the expiry date on my passport as expiry date for these documents. What is your opinion about this?

Also, like I mentioned, I have already send those documents as a part of my application package. I wonder why they are asking me the same documents again? In your experience have you come across such scenario? Please advice.

Thanks again for your time in responding to my queries.

MianMA

Feb 21, 2017
App. Filed.......
15 Feb 2017
Doc's Request.
30 Mar 2017
AOR Received.
25 May 2017
Med's Request
8 June 2017
Thanks a lot for your response.

I do have both the documents ready to upload. My problem was those document do not have any document numbers or expiry dates.

I am going to follow your advice for the document number by entering 000000

However, for the expiry date, I was thinking to use the expiry date on my passport as expiry date for these documents. What is your opinion about this?

Also, like I mentioned, I have already send those documents as a part of my application package. I wonder why they are asking me the same documents again? In your experience have you come across such scenario? Please advice.

Thanks again for your time in responding to my queries.
hi cvask. i am not an expert but most PCC's are valid for 6 months from the date of issue ( it might even say valid for 6 months on it). so i would think that an expirey date should be exactly 6 months from the date of issuance. but still it is better to get more opinions.

caracas123

May 29, 2017
I think you should resubmit your documents. What is your timeline by the way.. I too was asked to submit these documents that i had already submitted (I dont understand why)!!

cvask

Feb 3, 2017
Dallas, TX
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
6-16-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2017
I think you should resubmit your documents. What is your timeline by the way.. I too was asked to submit these documents that i had already submitted (I dont understand why)!!
I sent my documents to CIC on April 24, 2017
Received by CIC on April 25, 2017
Got an email from CIC with Application number on May 19, 2017
Got an email to link my account to CIC on May 19, 2017
Got Acknowledgement from CIC on May 20, 2017
Eligibility of Sponsor Approved on May 25, 2017
Application for PR has been forwarded to CPC-Ottawa on May 27, 2017
Medical Requested on June 5, 2017
Request to resubmit my PCC on June 6, 2017

I plan to get my medicals complete this week. I have already resubmitted copy of my PCC on the CIC page.

Lollie

Jun 26, 2016
I have applied for my PR under spousal sponsorship. During the time of my application, I had planned accordingly to obtain both FBI Clearance & also PCC from Indian Consulate and submitted the same with my package to CIC.

Now, I've received a correspondence from CIC asking me to upload both FBI Clearance and Police Certificate (PCC) to my application online.

This is not a problem since I already have my documents ready.

My issue is that while I am trying to upload documents on the website, the upload page is asking to enter following information -

1. Document Name
2. Document Number
3. Country of Issue
4. Issue Date DD/MM/YYYY
5. Expiry Date DD/MM/YYYY

My problem is that for both the documents (FBI & PCC) there is no Document Number and no Expiry Dates listed. So while I am entering the data I am unable to move to next screen with these fields left blank.

Can someone please help me how to resolve this issue?

Thanks a lot.

Hi!

I was wondering if you could help me with something, I have already make the payment to the company that takes care of processig the background check and I have ready the translation of the receipt, They actually sent me an email letting me know that the information has been delivered to the embassy. However, at the time of submitting the document to my application, CIC is asking me for the following information: 1. Document Name / 2. Document Number / 3. Issue Date / 4. Expiry date.

According to the company that issued background check they do not handle this information. Do u know what this information means and where do I get it from? CIC does not allow me to attach any receipt unless I provide this information.

Thank you for your help!
L.

cvask

Feb 3, 2017
Dallas, TX
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
6-16-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2017
Hi!

I was wondering if you could help me with something, I have already make the payment to the company that takes care of processig the background check and I have ready the translation of the receipt, They actually sent me an email letting me know that the information has been delivered to the embassy. However, at the time of submitting the document to my application, CIC is asking me for the following information: 1. Document Name / 2. Document Number / 3. Issue Date / 4. Expiry date.

According to the company that issued background check they do not handle this information. Do u know what this information means and where do I get it from? CIC does not allow me to attach any receipt unless I provide this information.

Thank you for your help!
L.

Hello Lollie,

I am sorry for such late response, I just saw this message today. I think the PR process and the kind of documents needed by the Canadian Govt to do the processing varies significantly depending upon the country from which you are applying. In my case, I am an Indian national applying from the USA so I was able to obtain background check directly from FBI and included that document in my application. Once CIC received my documents package, I got an email from CIC asking me upload the background check document obtained from FBI. I thought this was strange as I have already sent physical document with the package. However, I uploaded the same document on the CIC website and it took care of that requirement.

Also, in my case, I have done all the processing on my own without using any external agency so I really don't know how it works with them. If I were you, i would look up CIC customer care number and try to call them to ask this question or I would email CIC customer care explaining the situation and seek their guidance on it.

I am sorry I couldn't provide any logical solution for your question since my circumstances are different than yours, however, if there is some other information which I can provide I will definitely do so. Feel free to reach out to me, if any. Good luck :)

cvask

Feb 3, 2017
Dallas, TX
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
6-16-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2017
Hi!

Thank you for your help!
L.

Do you have the copy of the documents which the agency said that they have already submitted to the embassy? If you have that copy may be you can try uploading the same copy on CIC website and see if that will satisfy the requirement. Just an idea. Hope this helps.