+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting documents - Travel History

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
Hi,
I am in the process of applying for visitor's visa for Canada.
I have been asked to provide travel history in my supporting documents.
But no form has been given to fill out.
it says the following:

You must provide information on your valid visa from the United States as well as previous travel history. This can include copies of

• your previous passports and/or visas (used within the last 10 years to travel outside your country)
  • entry and exit stamps
  • study and/or work permits that indicate your duration outside of your country
  • expired or valid visas
  • boarding passes
If you hold a valid visa from the United States, provide a clear, scanned copy of your visa. If you are living outside your country of citizenship, please submit a copy of your immigration status document for the country where you currently reside. This could be a work permit, study permit, visa, or any other document that authorizes you to be in the country where you are living.

So this means I do not have to fill any travel form right?
I am supposed to attach copies of my passports of last 10 years that has all travel stamps am I correct?
I am planning to attach all scanned copies in One Word Document should I write anything else in that document ? like explaining dates and what each entry exit stamp says etc??
please help.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
So this means I do not have to fill any travel form right?
YES. Later in another sub category you need to fill up a form (IMM5257b- Schedule 1 Application for Temporary Residence) with your travels for the past 5 years.
I am supposed to attach copies of my passports of last 10 years that has all travel stamps am I correct?
YES
I am planning to attach all scanned copies in One Word Document should I write anything else in that document ? like explaining dates and what each entry exit stamp says etc??
Just scan all entry/exit stamps, visas (valid or expired) and collate in 1 document. You can group them by Entry/Exit stamps and Visas. You don't need to explain the stamps. You can do a list of the countries where you've been to for the past 10 years and make this as your initial page for the Travel History category. This will be useful, as I mentioned on the form IMM5257b- Schedule 1 Application for Temporary Residence, you need to list down your travels for the past 5 years.

Example Format :
2009 Maldives Jan 20 - Feb 1
Singapore Nov 20 - Dec 8
2010 Malaysia June 10 - June 20
2011 USA May 1 - July 19 and so on...
2019 Hong Kong Jan 1- Jan 11

No form is needed because basically the stamps and visa you scan will support the what you declared on form IMM5257b- Schedule 1 Application for Temporary Residence.

Last edited:

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
Thank you so much for explaining so nicely.
One more question, in the IMM5257b form
my only travel history is to one country where I used to live before moving to my Country of citizenship
so it okay to fill it up like this
From 1990-01
To 2018-12
Country of Territory: Saudi Arabia
Purpose of Travel: Residence Permit

^ there is not travel history other than to and from Saudi Arabia to Country of Citizenship

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
my only travel history is to one country where I used to live before moving to my Country of citizenship
From 1990-01
To 2018-12

^ there is not travel history other than to and from Saudi Arabia to Country of Citizenship
From which country are you applying for visa ?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
From 1990-01
To 2018-12

You didn't give much information like what is your Citizenship? Are you working on Riyadh and where are you applying a TRV from? I will just state from my own example for you to have an idea.

My profile > I was born and raised in the Philippines. I worked in Singapore (from 2010). I applied for a TRV in Singapore in 2012.
So I need to list down my travels from 2008 - 2012

The question on the Previous Travel part asks :
Since the age of 18 or during the past five years, whichever is more recent, have your travelled to any country or territory other than the country of your citizenship or your current country or territory of residence?

FROM (yyyy/mm) / TO (yyyy/mm) / COUNTRY/ LOCATION / PURPOSE

2008-01 - 2008-01 Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur - Tourism
2008-01 - 2008-01 Singapore - Singapore - Tourism

2009-11 - 2009-12 Macau - Macau - Tourism
2009-12 - 2009-12 Hong Kong - Hong Kong - Tourism

2010-09 - 2010-09 Malaysia - Johor Bahru - Tourism
2010-11 - 2010-11 Indonesia - Bandung - Tourism

2011-04 - 2011-04 Malaysia - Johor Bahru - Tourism
2011-08 - 2011-08 Australia - Melbourne -Tourism

Since Singapore is my current country of residence from 2010, I do not need to include it on the list. Instead, I scanned the Work Permit issued to me and included it on the Travel History document because aside from entry/exit stamps and visas, you can also include your study/work permit to support your claim that you resided in another country other than your country of citizenship.

In 2011 and 2012 I went back to the Philippines for a vacation but I never included it on the list since it is my country of citizenship.

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
You didn't give much information like what is your Citizenship? Are you working on Riyadh and where are you applying a TRV from? I will just state from my own example for you to have an idea.

My profile > I was born and raised in the Philippines. I worked in Singapore (from 2010). I applied for a TRV in Singapore in 2012.
So I need to list down my travels from 2008 - 2012

The question on the Previous Travel part asks :
Since the age of 18 or during the past five years, whichever is more recent, have your travelled to any country or territory other than the country of your citizenship or your current country or territory of residence?

FROM (yyyy/mm) / TO (yyyy/mm) / COUNTRY/ LOCATION / PURPOSE

2008-01 - 2008-01 Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur - Tourism
2008-01 - 2008-01 Singapore - Singapore - Tourism

2009-11 - 2009-12 Macau - Macau - Tourism
2009-12 - 2009-12 Hong Kong - Hong Kong - Tourism

2010-09 - 2010-09 Malaysia - Johor Bahru - Tourism
2010-11 - 2010-11 Indonesia - Bandung - Tourism

2011-04 - 2011-04 Malaysia - Johor Bahru - Tourism
2011-08 - 2011-08 Australia - Melbourne -Tourism

Since Singapore is my current country of residence from 2010, I do not need to include it on the list. Instead, I scanned the Work Permit issued to me and included it on the Travel History document because aside from entry/exit stamps and visas, you can also include your study/work permit to support your claim that you resided in another country other than your country of citizenship.

In 2011 and 2012 I went back to the Philippines for a vacation but I never included it on the list since it is my country of citizenship.
Actually I had Resident permit of Saudi Arabia from 1990 to 2018
Now I am in my country of citizen ship which is Pakistan
I am applying for Canadian Visitor Visa from Pakistan

So I have attached all my exits and entries from Saudi Arabia to Pakistan and vice versa
BUT, on the IMM5257b- form I have stated my travel history as

From 1990-01
To 2018-12

but since in the form they only ask for 5 years should I change the year to 2013?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Actually I had Resident permit of Saudi Arabia from 1990 to 2018
Now I am in my country of citizen ship which is Pakistan
I am applying for Canadian Visitor Visa from Pakistan

So I have attached all my exits and entries from Saudi Arabia to Pakistan and vice versa
YES

BUT, on the IMM5257b- form I have stated my travel history as

From 1990-01
To 2018-12
Read what is in bold again
You cannot declare Saudi Arabia because it was your country of residence from 1990-2018 and you only need the recent 5 years. You can still attach your Resident Permit in the Travel History as proof that you legally resided in Saudi Arabia.

Hence you have no travel history from 1990 - 2018 December since you just go to and fro your country of residence (Saudi Arabia) and your country of citizenship (Pakistan).

But if your residency expired in 2018-12 and you went to Saudi Arabia in 2019- March for example for a month, you can declare it 2019-03 to 2019 -04 Saudi Arabia Tourism

but since in the form they only ask for 5 years should I change the year to 2013?
NO, should be from 2014 -2019

Last edited:

shadfan

Dec 4, 2023
Hello
I am not sure if I got this correctly, I downloaded the form, and it is meant to be for PR application and for only 5 years, what about visiting a family (my mom) do we need to have all the 2 passport photos for the last 10 years, if I am just 24 years. so less than 10 years above 18 years. if these stamps are in other than English do I need a translated copy ??