+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting documents showing that you meet the residency obligation

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I am a homemaker residing in Canada with my family. I am now working on PR card renewal application. I meet the residency obligation of 730 days. I am confused about the documents to be submitted as proof of residency obligation. As I am a homemaker I do not have paystubs. will a credit card statement showing my address and NOA be sufficient? Please advise
Yes, you can submit those document. Wait and see if they need more.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,
I am a homemaker residing in Canada with my family. I am now working on PR card renewal application. I meet the residency obligation of 730 days. I am confused about the documents to be submitted as proof of residency obligation. As I am a homemaker I do not have paystubs. will a credit card statement showing my address and NOA be sufficient? Please advise
In addition to the listed documents you could include proof of your children studying & doing activities in Canada and your involvement in their school or activities like being part of the parent committee, being a sports mom and being in charge or organizing something from setting schedules, to organizing tournaments, etc. The most useful proof will be bank statements or credit card records to show that you have routine purchase she on most days in Canada.

JJ90

Dec 4, 2023
In addition to the listed documents you could include proof of your children studying & doing activities in Canada and your involvement in their school or activities like being part of the parent committee, being a sports mom and being in charge or organizing something from setting schedules, to organizing tournaments, etc. The most useful proof will be bank statements or credit card records to show that you have routine purchase she on most days in Canada.
My kid just started going to preschool on September. I am not involved in any other activities. My credit card statements show my address and purchases in Canada. I am also wondering if the proofs are not sufficient will they reject my application and has to start over again or will they simply ask for more documents. I am applying online.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am a homemaker residing in Canada with my family. I am now working on PR card renewal application. I meet the residency obligation of 730 days.
How many days over 730 are you? How long have you been a PR? Have you been continuously in Canada (now, i.e. most recent) for very long?

I ask, because: I think there's fairly good reason to believe that your compliance esp in excess of the minimum requirement will have more impact on the likely speed of processing and how easily it goes overall than having employment and the like.

BTW you can also add a letter of explanation - short - saying you're a homemaker and taking care of children (esp if child/children are young, and hence you perhaps have fewer documents to include because not working.

JJ90

Dec 4, 2023
How many days over 730 are you? How long have you been a PR? Have you been continuously in Canada (now, i.e. most recent) for very long?

I ask, because: I think there's fairly good reason to believe that your compliance esp in excess of the minimum requirement will have more impact on the likely speed of processing and how easily it goes overall than having employment and the like.

BTW you can also add a letter of explanation - short - saying you're a homemaker and taking care of children (esp if child/children are young, and hence you perhaps have fewer documents to include because not working.
I will complete 5 years in Canada on March 2024. I left Canada only for 2 months. I worked only for 3 months in the beginning and then I became pregnant and due to some complications I couldn't continue to work and thereafter I remained as a homemaker taking care of my kid.

Reactions: armoured

JJ90

Dec 4, 2023
Hi All,
I was doing my online PR renewal application. I was trying to upload my Residency in Canada Proof. I was able to upload one document. As I have to upload another proof I tried to choose Residency in Canada option again, but the upload option is greyed out. Has anyone faced this issue? How can I upload my second document? Any advise?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I will complete 5 years in Canada on March 2024. I left Canada only for 2 months. I worked only for 3 months in the beginning and then I became pregnant and due to some complications I couldn't continue to work and thereafter I remained as a homemaker taking care of my kid.
Since you have so much time in Canada and not that much travel, and your explanation for not having work records and the like makes sense, I don't think you need to worry too much. Short letter explaining - just the facts - and you most likely will be fine.

Reactions: JJ90

JJ90

Dec 4, 2023
Hi All,
I was doing my online PR renewal application. I was trying to upload my Residency in Canada Proof. I was able to upload one document. As I have to upload another proof I tried to choose Residency in Canada option again, but the upload option is greyed out. Has anyone faced this issue? How can I upload my second document? Any advise?
I choose 'other' option and uploaded the second proof. Will that be okay?

jabhatta

Dec 17, 2023
hi - i am renewing my PR card (my last PR was from April 2018 and expiring in March 2024)

So i am renewing.

I have stayed 4.5 years out of the 5 years ,so i easily meet the 2 year criteria.

Regarding Supporting documents showing that you meet the residency obligation

• bank statements

Now, my bank statements are monthly -- so i have to provide bank statements from April 2018 all the way till 2023 ? that would mean 40 bank statements (as each statement is monthly)

I dont have so much printing paper

Note - i have to do this for me / my wife and my child - so that would mean - close to 120 bank statements ?

OR

which months do i have to print for bank statements ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi - i am renewing my PR card (my last PR was from April 2018 and expiring in March 2024)

So i am renewing.

I have stayed 4.5 years out of the 5 years ,so i easily meet the 2 year criteria.

Regarding Supporting documents showing that you meet the residency obligation

• bank statements

Now, my bank statements are monthly -- so i have to provide bank statements from April 2018 all the way till 2023 ? that would mean 40 bank statements (as each statement is monthly)

I dont have so much printing paper

Note - i have to do this for me / my wife and my child - so that would mean - close to 120 bank statements ?

OR

which months do i have to print for bank statements ?
Just print a month or two.

jabhatta

Dec 17, 2023
which months would you recommend ?

I am renewing my PR

My existing PR is from April 2018 to March 2024

Should i perhaps do, april 2018 / may 2018 and last month (2023 Nov) perhaps ?