+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting documents request after AIP

saqib547

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hello guys,
Applied complete application on 02 Aug.
Received AIP on 8th Sep.
In GCMS notes, eligibility, criminality is passed.

I am doing PhD and in Korea and applied for PhD in Canada.
Today, I received letter "to provide complete education and travel history of last 10 years with supporting documents."
Also, "to provide explanation that why I am leaving Korean PhD".

First of all,anyone know thay why they such things which should cleared in first stage?
And how to justify that why I am leaving Korea?
I need your kind suggestions..

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
They can ask this information at any stage regardless if AIP was issued or not. Is your current PhD completed after you applied this year or are you transferring your PhD to Canada or are you abandoning current PhD? That's what they are interested in to know. Based on the evidence and information that you provide, the decision can go against you, so you should prepare and have a solid reason to move from Korea to Canada.

Hello guys,
Received AIP on 8th Sep.

Today, I received letter "to provide complete education and travel history of last 10 years with supporting documents."

First of all,anyone know thay why they such things which should cleared in first stage?

SteveBridget

Oct 28, 2020
Hello guys,
Received AIP on 8th Sep.

Why are you leaving the current PhD program? Do you have a peculiar reason? I was in a similar situation. I was doing my masters in Portugal but decided to move to Canada for another masters. I was able to convince the visa officers by explaining the language difficulties I am facing in my studies. Try to get a tangible reason to explain yourself.

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
Hello guys,
Received AIP on 8th Sep.

What are the VO notes on your GCMS notes?

saqib547

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
They can ask this information at any stage regardless if AIP was issued or not. Is your current PhD completed after you applied this year or are you transferring your PhD to Canada or are you abandoning current PhD? That's what they are interested in to know. Based on the evidence and information that you provide, the decision can go against you, so you should prepare and have a solid reason to move from Korea to Canada.
I recently started PhD in Korea and now leaving it, starting in Canada. In SoP, I mwntioned the reasons for leaving like research quality and better opportunity. Now how can I explain more to the VO?

saqib547

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Why are you leaving the current PhD program? Do you have a peculiar reason? I was in a similar situation. I was doing my masters in Portugal but decided to move to Canada for another masters. I was able to convince the visa officers by explaining the language difficulties I am facing in my studies. Try to get a tangible reason to explain yourself.
Thank you for the information

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
I recently started PhD in Korea and now leaving it, starting in Canada. In SoP, I mwntioned the reasons for leaving like research quality and better opportunity. Now how can I explain more to the VO?
Try and explain it better this time like @SteveBridget mentioned above with language barrier etc. If you are really early in your PhD, you might be able to get away with it.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Hello guys,
Received AIP on 8th Sep.

I believe these questions are to identify whether you're a bonafide student or not. But from my understanding this is part of eligibility assessment, for which you had already received AiP, isn't it?

This makes me think whether AiP really had any weightage.

Reactions: Wh1teH0rsE

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
I believe these questions are to identify whether you're a bonafide student or not. But from my understanding this is part of eligibility assessment, for which you had already received AiP, isn't it?

This makes me think whether AiP really had any weightage.
For a few students, who ordered GCMS, the AIP was issued prior to complete application review. That's why I asked him for the VO notes. They'll tell what exactly happened at the time of issuing AIP.

saqib547

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
For a few students, who ordered GCMS, the AIP was issued prior to complete application review. That's why I asked him for the VO notes. They'll tell what exactly happened at the time of issuing AIP.
I checked, there is no comment. Eligibility passed on 7th Sep and just written in the text as 'Passed. Queued.'

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
I checked, there is no comment. Eligibility passed on 7th Sep and just written in the text as 'Passed. Queued.'
Are GIC, IELTS, LoA verified. Nothing like I reviewed docs and satisfied? If not I assume, the AIP was issued without complete review. @jigzyy it seems like that right?

Also @saqib547 can you see if there's a PPR in outgoing communication?