+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting documents for Foreign work experience under EE

Chirag0389

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hello,

I have 3 years of part time foreign country experience (30 hrs a week). My question is, which documents do I need in order to justify my experience? I have offer letter provided by the employer and after the completion of contract they gave me an experience letter stating my job duties and the period of time I worked there. Would it be enough? As I was working part time and my employer was paying me cash I don't have any paystubs and according to the tax policies of that country I was exempt to pay any income tax.

Someone please reply to my query.

Regards.

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chirag0389 said:
Hello,

I have 3 years of part time foreign country experience (30 hrs a week). My question is, which documents do I need in order to justify my experience? I have offer letter provided by the employer and after the completion of contract they gave me an experience letter stating my job duties and the period of time I worked there. Would it be enough? As I was working part time and my employer was paying me cash I don't have any paystubs and according to the tax policies of that country I was exempt to pay any income tax.

Someone please reply to my query.

Regards.
Good that you have documents........Try and get a reference letter with last 6 months of pay stubs

Gather as many documents as you can as this will justify your experience if CIC ask you to.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Also check on the Federal Skilled Worker threads for all the hints there. Be sure that your boss does not repeat the NOC description for your ref letter. Getting proof of experience is an essential element of fulfilling the fsw requirements. Go carefully. Good luck.

Chirag0389

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
I do have a reference/experience and job offer letter but as I mentioned earlier that I was working on cash so my employer was issuing me a cash memo which I don't have anymore with me. I have 2 years of Canadian work experience with all pay stubs and supporting docs. Its just that I don't have pay stubs from my foreign employer.

Chirag0389

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hello Pippin,

Thank you so much for replying back on this thread. I am currently working in Toronto and going to apply for PR under CEC. I am showing Indian experience to gain few extra points. About bank deposit slips, yes I do have deposit slips. Do I need them along with job experience letter?

Also please state if any additional letter is required.

Thanks,
Chirag

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
Also check on the Federal Skilled Worker threads for all the hints there. Be sure that your boss does not repeat the NOC description for your ref letter. Getting proof of experience is an essential element of fulfilling the fsw requirements. Go carefully. Good luck.
Hi, why "you say make sure your boss does not repeat the NOC description", I thought thats what expected. I got an ITA in CEC and just about getting ref letters from abroad. I sent them the NOC description so they can use it for the letter, was it a bad idea, then?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Sorry to sound like a broken record but so many of the EE issues are tied up in the same struggles experienced in FSW stream. Read, read, read these threads. Do a search in the white box top right corner for key words.
If ref letters are copy and paste from NOC description the VO can chuck it out. Having NOC as resource is useful but make sure your job duties are reflected.

The suggestion about bank slips was to help prove income if
There are no official pay stubs. I just thought it would show a regular income.

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
Sorry to sound like a broken record but so many of the EE issues are tied up in the same struggles experienced in FSW stream. Read, read, read these threads. Do a search in the white box top right corner for key words.
If ref letters are copy and paste from NOC description the VO can chuck it out. Having NOC as resource is useful but make sure your job duties are reflected.

The suggestion about bank slips was to help prove income if
There are no official pay stubs. I just thought it would show a regular income.
Thanks Pippin, will do :)