+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting Documents 5. Photos

seedifly

Sep 19, 2020
Hello there! Thank you in advance. Where it says to "Supply 2 recent photos of each accompanying family member ..." If my husband is Mexican, I am Canadian and we have two children - both Canadian but born in Mexico who will be accompanying us - do I need to include photos of the kids?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello there! Thank you in advance. Where it says to "Supply 2 recent photos of each accompanying family member ..." If my husband is Mexican, I am Canadian and we have two children - both Canadian but born in Mexico who will be accompanying us - do I need to include photos of the kids?
No, this is for dependents that are not already citizens. You will need their Canadian documents eg passports to travel.

Reactions: seedifly

seedifly

Sep 19, 2020
Thank you - I am appreciate the help. For the IMM 0008 - Generic application then, should my husband only write ONE for the # of family members in the application if he is the only one applying for PR ... and we wouldn't include our children in the DEPENDENTS section?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you - I am appreciate the help. For the IMM 0008 - Generic application then, should my husband only write ONE for the # of family members in the application if he is the only one applying for PR ... and we wouldn't include our children in the DEPENDENTS section?
Correct; I believe if you read that section carefully, it says "who are not citizens or permanent residents" (or similar phrasing). I.e. this section is only for those dependents who are effectively applying to become PRs (or potentially could through spouse)*, and your citizen-children cannot apply to become PRs.

Note there may be a separate form that is background identification on your spouse - on that form those children would be shown.

*Important star for others who may read this - all dependents who are not already citizens/PRs may have to be listed here, even if the sponsor/principal applicant do not intend to bring them to Canada.