+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Support technician NOC 2282 as work experiece

May 30, 2018
Greetings everyone

I am intending to submit for the EE immigration but i want to know your view on work experience as an IT support technician (NOC 2282)

It is skill level B so i guess is accepted, but is there any other requirements to fulfill.

Thank you.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Greetings everyone

I am intending to submit for the EE immigration but i want to know your view on work experience as an IT support technician (NOC 2282)

It is skill level B so i guess is accepted, but is there any other requirements to fulfill.

Thank you.
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;

Your job duties must match with the lead statement and substantial number of duties mentioned in the NOC-2282 description page.
Also if you select this experience as your primary noc, then you must have One year of full time or equal amount of part time Continuous work experience!

May 30, 2018
Thank you ishq74,

For the last requirements i already knew,

But also i think they evaluate your experience with your education, and it must be valid otherwise you won't get some points.

I have a diploma as technician IT in general.

But i'm submitting as Support Technician wich i think will match any technical secondary education only.

The education and work experience must relate to each other.

Thank you.

May 30, 2018
Thank you ishq74, but i really still need more information, may be i can rephrase my question :

I'm worried if there are other conditions besides the reference letter and the NOC Category for a work experience to be accepted.

For example :

-Yesterday i've just discovered there is a list of eligible jobs to be accepted in EE
http://www.immigration.ca/fast-track-high-demand-occupations/
-A job can still be accepted and get lower points?

So according to your experience will the 2282 NOC get good points ( i have 4 yeas experience) ? Will i get more points if i submit as an analyst 2171? will it make any difference.

Any help will be appreciated.